PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
06-13-2011, 10:00 AM
13 June 2011

Good Morning Everyone,
It is still hot and dry here but our little garden spot is doing well as long as we water it. We have hopes of a better garden yield this year that what we had last year.

This past weekend was spent working some, getting my two boys off to a mission trip for the week to New Orleans. Yesterday was a little more work and then my daughter and her new husband invited the LOML and me over to their place for my birthday dinner. They both cooked and the entire meal was outstanding!!! They then took us on a 4-wheeler ride out in the woods near their home and it was a beautiful ride. After all that, the LOML and I came home, rested for a bit and then crashed. We were exhausted and worn out from the previous weeks activities.

Today I come off oncall duty and am once again a Free Man.!!! Woot.!!!!

So what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Rod Sheridan
06-13-2011, 10:11 AM
It was a quiet weekend as Diann is recovering from surgery, so I've been doing her share of the household chores.

I've also kept her company watching more DVD's than I ever planned to, during the past week, as I've been at home.

This was cupboard door weekend so the women from the local non profit were over making kitchen cupboard doors, and 4 new drawer boxes. They have the shop one weekend per month.

I planted a few more flowers, and changed out a lighting fixture for one of my neighbours.

This morning I'm back at work, taking a break now from the stack of stuff that cumulates on your desk, and in your e-mail box when you're away.

Regards, Rod.

Matt Meiser
06-13-2011, 10:16 AM
I worked all day Saturday framing my finishing room. It was just hot enough to be a rather exhausting day. In the evening we went to party at one of my daughter's friend's homes. Sunday I mowed, cleaned up from Saturday and painted the doors to the finishing room before running some errands and heading to my parents' for dinner.

David Hostetler
06-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Had some emergency issues crop up at work, so I spent way too much time fixing stuff that shouldn't have been broken in the first place. I got a chance to get into the shop, size up some of the peg board, and I finished the case, shelves, and inner door for my second clamshell / pegboard cabinet. I am building 2 of them with a plane / saw till as a sort of bridge in between.

Tonight I get to start on the outer doors...

Mike Wilkins
06-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I tried to stay cool this weekend. In the shop, I started the changeover from a standard-type knife system on my jointer/planer, to the Disposablade system. This should make my life easier when it comes time to do the sharpening dance. I have been trying to sharpen my own 12" blades ever since I got the machine, with mixed results on my Makita slow-speed sharpener and blade sharpening guide. This new blade system is really nice with double-sided blades and the holder is indexed to the cutterhead, making set up a breeze. Ready to start on the next project: the library table featured in FWW from the free plans.

Joe Mioux
06-13-2011, 8:50 PM
I wished Dennis Peacock a Happy Birthday on Facebook.

Joe.

p.s. I also worked at work all day Sat and 4 hours on Sunday, but then I tilled the garden, and planted one of the flower beds around the patio.

Mike Heidrick
06-13-2011, 9:24 PM
Some recent CNC signs.

Made this one Sunday. PhotoVCarve of 2009 Vmax in Walnut.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/pvv2.jpg

Made this one last week. VCarved in Maple.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/Vmax%20and%20Gear/sign1.jpg