PDA

View Full Version : Need a good dust collector

tim fallco
02-10-2005, 8:30 PM
I need some opinions on the delta 50-670, jet dc-1100, psi dc-2000 or 1.5 hp, and shop fox. I want quality, to be quiet, and a good deal.
Thank You

Steven Wilson
02-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Start looking at the Jet DC-1100C for something with a decent ability to collect small dust particles. Instead of looking at dust collectors start by designing the ductwork. From there you can determine the SP and CFM capacity that your DC will need. Then and only then should you decide on a dust collector.

brent lenthall
02-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Tim,

I have the 1.5 hp Shop Fox. I'm happy with the performance. The switch went out on it, so I hardwired it to a remote unit. I did replace the 3O micron bag with a spun cannister filter from Wynn. I bought mine from Highland Hardware in Atlanta. Fast shipping, good price.

Jim McCarty
02-11-2005, 12:21 AM
I need some opinions on the delta 50-670, jet dc-1100, psi dc-2000 or 1.5 hp, and shop fox. I want quality, to be quiet, and a good deal.
Thank YouWhere are you located?

Tom Hintz
02-11-2005, 3:30 AM
Tim,
I have the Delta 50-760 (and a review of it at the link below) and love it. It's way more powewrful than I expected and runs quieter than I thought it would. All of my machines are cleaner running to say nothing of how clean the shop is staying with the 1 micron filtering. I never realized how much dust my old DC was launching into the air.
Very good machine, very good price.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/d50-760rvu.html

Jeff Sudmeier
02-11-2005, 7:41 AM
I have a 2hp Harbor Freight DC. One of the gems in the rough as they say. I wouldn't want to run it without my ear plugs in. However, I am hardly ever in the shop with a tool running, without them in, so it doesn't bother me. Many people who have bought this machine, have also bought a canister conversion kit from Wynn.

I am very happy with this machine, my shop is MUCH cleaner. I still need to do the conversion from Wynn to get down to 1 micron filtering.

Maurice Ungaro
02-11-2005, 9:23 AM
Like Brent, I also purchased the Shop Fox from Highland Hdwr. I did get the Shaker Felt bag for the upper, and had had wonderful performance out of it. FOr a DC, it's not that noisey, but I always use the ear protection when the machines are running anyway ( also use my dust mask).

Maurice