PDA

View Full Version : Mylar Inserts

Cathy Wilson-Daly
06-11-2011, 5:10 PM
Can someone please tell me where I can purchase custom mylar inserts inexpensively?

Rodne Gold
06-11-2011, 5:35 PM
Go to www.papilio.com , buy their inkjet/laser colour printer self adhesive vinyl (its actually not vinyl , so is laser safe) , print your own and then use your laser to die/kiss cut em

Cathy Wilson-Daly
06-11-2011, 5:41 PM
Thank you, I'll check it out.

Martin Boekers
06-11-2011, 6:08 PM
I used that for a few test runs, ran perfect, bought a couple hundred sheets and the melt to the laser printer. ;-(
double checked to make sure it was the laser material. It was.

Since I sublimate I use Rowmark Mates but they aren't cheap. Much more durable though.

Chuck Stone
06-11-2011, 11:12 PM
yeah.. have to be careful especially if you use both the laser and the inkjet stuff.
They look alike. But they work great as a mask for chemical milling.

Larry Bratton
06-12-2011, 10:44 AM
I used that for a few test runs, ran perfect, bought a couple hundred sheets and the melt to the laser printer. ;-(
double checked to make sure it was the laser material. It was.

Since I sublimate I use Rowmark Mates but they aren't cheap. Much more durable though.
Marty, I tried Sublidecal from Johnson Plastics...the printing came out stunning. It is inexpensive also, 11x17 sheets -$1.75 a sheet in packs of 10. I printed it, applied to acrylic and cut out my pieces Sweet! They also list mylar in their sublimation section, so that may work here.

David Takes
06-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Sent you a PM with a link to a great supplier of custom mylars.