PDA

View Full Version : Rounds 4, 5, 6 & 7

Michael Armstrong
06-10-2011, 9:20 PM
I've been working slowly at building up my inventory of pet urns. I decided to try something different with the tops of some by casting and turning them from PR. I thought the metallics created some interesting patterns.

The first urn is spalted maple with a rosewood top. This top was originally going to have a taller finial but then a design opportunity arose:mad:. (5"h x 6.25"d)(67 cubic inches)
Urn two is spalted maple with a silver PR top. (5"h x 5"d)(43 cubic inches)
Urn three is figured maple with a silver and antique copper swirl PR top. (4.5"h x 4"d)(19 cubic inches)
Finally urn four is white ash with an antique copper PR top. (5.5"h x 4.75"d)(55 cubic inches)

I haven't determined the capacities yet but will add that to the post once I have.

Thanks for looking.
Michael

David E Keller
06-10-2011, 9:28 PM
Nicely done, Michael. I may be old fashioned, but I'm kinda partial to the wood tops. I love the forms on the first and third pieces and the spalting on those first two pieces. Good stuff... I hope they sell well for you.

Bernie Weishapl
06-10-2011, 9:44 PM
Really nice Michael. I really like the form of #1 and #3 but all are well done.

Jim Burr
06-10-2011, 9:58 PM
Very well done Michael! Cool idea with the PR, really unlimited opportunities!

Steve Schlumpf
06-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Nice variety of forms and I do like your custom tops! Should be big sellers for you!

Richard Madden
06-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Nice job on all. Are the lids threaded?

Baxter Smith
06-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Nice work Michael! A variety of woods and shapes that will please someone!

Michael Armstrong
06-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments. The tops are all threaded. It's funny how some days the threading goes really easily and other days it doesn't. The male threads were fine but I went through probably nine inserts trying to get the female threads to work.

Michael

Michelle Rich
06-11-2011, 8:12 AM
when folks lose their best friends they like something lovely to put their ashes in. these are very nice. I hope you do well with them. Luv #1 #2 and #4 is very contemporary in an interesting way. I can see it in a very modern house.

John Hart
06-12-2011, 7:00 AM
I like them all. I've never cared for the subject much...but I do love the woodturnings that come from it. These are a fine example.

Michael Armstrong
06-12-2011, 7:48 AM
Thanks Michelle.

John - I known what you mean about the subject but it has challenged me to learn hollowing and to try different approaches to shapes, materials etc.

Michael