PDA

View Full Version : I can help with DD's tent

Faust M. Ruggiero
06-10-2011, 2:07 PM
197565Now I know why David DeCristoforo turns long thin forms. His work space is shaped that way and the long narrow tent must give him inspiration. Personally, I believe there would be no end to his versatility with an appropriately sized structure. I just happen to have one available for you. This one is 132 feet wide and 264 feet long. It is completely air conditioned for your comfort and to maintain the moisture level for your tools and wood. Now, where can we find you a really big lathe?

David DeCristoforo
06-10-2011, 3:45 PM
Woah! I could turn some majorly long pedestals in that puppy! And AC?!?! I'm down...

Will all those people stick around to help me keep it clean?

Steve Schlumpf
06-10-2011, 4:44 PM
Wow.... kinda opens up the possibilities!

David E Keller
06-10-2011, 5:58 PM
At just under 35,000 square feet, I'm not sure my wife would authorize a shop that much larger than our residence. Never hurts to ask though...

Faust M. Ruggiero
06-10-2011, 6:59 PM
David,
You never clean. When a area gets dirty you just move to a clean spot. Those people are all waiting for you. This was actually a fund raiser for our local community college. The turnout is a real tribute to the President and his wife who have been so effective raising money and elevating the status of the school. There were 30 caterers and 20 wine merchants handing out samples of their wares. Last year the crowd was 800. This year there were 1500 tickets printed and 1600 sold. Next year............bigger tent. The structure is also being used for 6 concerts and a fight night.
Someday we can hold a SMC weekend turning retreat. I'll being a tent.
faust