PDA

View Full Version : Wood, Lots of Wood

Bernie Weishapl
06-09-2011, 7:19 PM
I know no pictures it didn't happen but I will get pic's when I get back. The LOML dropped the camera so didn't get pic's of the wood yet or didn't get pictures of Mike and I.

The main reason for this is to let John Keeton know that there will maybe be one or two pieces of Claro Walnut when Mike Smith shows up. I just left with all the Claro he had and the pickup is full. Mike says he knows John will probably grumble but hey when the cash flows first come first serve.

Had a great lunch and a great time at Mikes place. If I could move my lathe to his mill I would be one happy camper. I did buy 3 big boxes of wood but the time together was great.

Anyway just wanted to let John know not to expect to much up in Minnesota.:eek::D

Roger Chandler
06-09-2011, 7:27 PM
Congrats Bernie! Sorry JK!

Marty Eargle
06-09-2011, 7:32 PM
Aww man...I was going to go out to Mike's place on Monday and snatch up all the Claro! Good thing he's got plenty of backup.

Congrats on the haul.

Michael James
06-09-2011, 7:50 PM
NIce Gloat Bernie!!! I was gifted a chunk of claro that I'm eager to get started on soon.....
mj

John Keeton
06-09-2011, 7:59 PM
Bernie, looks like I need to make a midnight requisition on a side trip to St. Paul!!!:cool:;) I will have a stern talk with Mike about this!:p

Congrats on the haul, and I can't believe you slipped thru this part of the country unannounced!

Tim Thiebaut
06-09-2011, 8:20 PM
I have one fairly large piece, and several med size pieces left from what John sent me, I ahve already used a good bit of it but I am waiting until I come up with something really special to turn before useing the rest of it, it is such beautiful wood I dont want to use it on just any old thing.

Steve Schlumpf
06-09-2011, 8:44 PM
Bernie - congrats on all the wood! Hope your trip has been going well! You planning on going to the symposium? Just wondering as that would be a heck of a lot of travel time!

Bernie Weishapl
06-09-2011, 9:08 PM
Thanks everyone. Sorry John when I hit Mike's I was like a kid in a candy store with 25 cents in his hand. I told Mike I would just bring my lathe down and setup at the back door.

Marty we didn't mess with the 3 pallets of claro he had.

John I didn't slip thru we traveled down I-40 as a I had a good friend I needed to see and of course I wanted to see Mike and his operation. Just amazing.

Steve I wish I could get up there for sure but we won't be leaving until June 28th.

Steve Schlumpf
06-09-2011, 9:11 PM
Bernie - sorry that you won't be there! Have a fun and safe vacation - we'll link up another time!

Gary Conklin
06-09-2011, 9:38 PM
Didn't know you were in NC, we could have hooked up!

Ed Morgano
06-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I just ordered some burl from Mike. He lost my internet order but was great to talk to on the phone....order on the way and he hasn't even collected the money yet. I'm in SC so I plan to take a trip up to his place for a visit after I get a few of the burls underway. John, sorry for the competition but I'm tired of doing glueups for everything I turn. :-)

Bernie Weishapl
06-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks again. Yep Steve wish I could have come up for that. Gary this has been a fast trip as graduation is Monday and with a couple of engagments at home before we left we weren't sure of time.

Cathy Schaewe
06-11-2011, 8:53 AM
Congrats! Nice haul (even tho no pics)!

Baxter Smith
06-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I have heard of ticket scaplers, but claro scalpers? John will have to sell off some more of his tools before he stops by..

Bernie Weishapl
06-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks Cathy. Good to hear from you. Yep I will get pictures posted. I did get a lot of nice wood from Mike and had a great visit. Saved a lot of shipping for sure.

Baxter, Mike told me he can hear Keeton whining even before he gets there.

Roland Martin
06-11-2011, 1:53 PM
It's about time somebody puts a crimp in JK's Claro monopoly:D. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with in the future with that haul. Enjoy your vacation and travel safely.