PDA

View Full Version : More than just a kerf keeper.

Rick Potter
06-08-2011, 3:19 AM
I remember seeing somewhere a clip of some kind that you use to cut plywood while on sawhorses. It goes in the kerf where the cut starts, but also has something that holds the plywood from sagging as you cut. I think it was called a kerf keeper, but am not sure. I want to rip plywood on sawhorses with a skil saw, and keep the ply from falling as it is cut.

Any one remember what it is called and where it is available?

Something along the lines of a Handi Clamp (?) with larger pads could work if the bar will fit in the kerf. How about a pair of those vise grips made for welding, with the wide jaws?

Rick Potter

dave toney
06-08-2011, 8:30 AM
Google: Jet 709826 Saw Buddy.

Erik France
06-08-2011, 11:10 AM
It's not what you're looking for, but I when I cut plywood on my sawhorses I usually support the hanging portion with the pair of rigid flip tops I have. With the clamps or clips you can't just do a continuous cut. I'll just clamp my sawboard down and qyickly position the flip tops underneath the cantilevered edge (and make sure I'm not cutting the sawhorses or the stands) and rip away.

Rick Potter
06-09-2011, 4:34 AM
Thanks guys,

Dave, that looks like what I remembered. Gonna get me one. Today I cut up a couple sheets of PB and used my Kreg jig clamp. It worked ok, but a pair of those welding vise grips would probably work better. I think I will get a pair of those also.

Rick Potter