PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

Dave Lehnert
06-07-2011, 2:36 PM
Anyone use twitter? Thinking about getting a account just to follow some subjects I'm interested in. Don't think I would post anything.

David Weaver
06-07-2011, 2:53 PM
I know what you *shouldn't* post!!

I got a twitter account when it first came out. I looked at it for a little bit and then thought that it was just a worse way to communicate than any other medium. Could hardly believe that limiting people to short messages would be better than a blog reader.

Jim Rimmer
06-07-2011, 4:15 PM
I heard about a new technology that would take a text message received on your cell phone and convert it to an audio file you can listen to. They are working on an app for voice recognition to turn your voice into a text message and then send it, when received on the other end it is converted to audio. Wow, what advancements we have made. :D

To me texting and twittering is going back to the telegraph. Short, expensive messages except that they are overused. I went out with LOML and two other couples last weekend and left my cell phone at home (on purpose). I later commented to my wife that it was really nice to be released from the electronic tether for a little while. <RANT OFF>

Bryan Morgan
06-09-2011, 3:56 PM
I generally hate twitter (what kind of stupid name is that anyway?) and facebook it but I created a fake account to see what all the NASCAR drivers are talking about... especially given recent events in that sport.