PDA

View Full Version : PC Brad Nailer jammed

Anthony Scott
06-07-2011, 9:55 AM
I have a Porter Cable 18g brad nailer. The sliding tray that opens up to insert nails in is jammed and won't open. The gray button presses down, but the tray doesn't slide out.
I have tried pulling it open with pliers, tapping lightly on the tray with a hammer (hoping to dislodge whatever is stuck). I also opened the clasp on the front of the nailer that opens to remove jammed nails... no luck,
Anyone ever have this happen? How did you fix it?
Thanks

David Larsen
06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
I have a Porter Cable 18g brad nailer. The sliding tray that opens up to insert nails in is jammed and won't open. The gray button presses down, but the tray doesn't slide out.
I have tried pulling it open with pliers, tapping lightly on the tray with a hammer (hoping to dislodge whatever is stuck). I also opened the clasp on the front of the nailer that opens to remove jammed nails... no luck,
Anyone ever have this happen? How did you fix it?
Thanks

I had it happen with a 18 ga. bostich. It required me to take out the allen screws on the front of the nose and I found one of the nails was jammed in there in a "u" shape. Not sure how it happened. Once I got it out and put it back together, it has been fine.