PDA

View Full Version : Price Alert: Router Table

Bob Winkler
02-09-2005, 7:27 PM
So I'm at my local Sears Hardware Store returning a bench grinder ( I decided to get an 8" instead). Out of the corner of my eye, I see something I have to check out.

It's the Craftsman Professional Laminate Router Table for $47. I go over to the router section, and there it sits for $179. So I go back and check it again, and they have a couple of them near the checkout counter for $47.

Do I need one? Heck no, I have a nice shop built model with cabinet, etc. But maybe I do need one for "portable" use for those off-site jobs (who knows?)

So one is now in my car trunk. Now to sneak it past SWMBO after bedtime. It's a disease, isn't it?

Bob

james matthews
02-09-2005, 7:47 PM
Bob, i bought one of those router tables and am very happy with it.

Richard Wolf
02-09-2005, 8:06 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Winkler]

"So one is now in my car trunk. Now to sneak it past SWMBO after bedtime. It's a disease, isn't it?"

Yes, incurable.

Tim Morton
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
So one is now in my car trunk. Now to sneak it past SWMBO after bedtime. It's a disease, isn't it?

So I'm not the only one!! Last night I snuck my new biesemeyer fence in while she was sleeping...I felt so guilty I poured a shot and snuck THAT without her seeing :D But she is going on a 10 day cruise with her mother and 2 sisters tomorrow...so I think the bies was a fair trade. I was inititally invited...but had to pass for obvious reasons. I wonder If I could sneak a 14" rikon bandsaw in while she's gone and then if she notices I can say I have always had that. :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-10-2005, 8:11 AM
Hey, thanks for the heads up! I work for Sears so I get a discount on top of that price... that makes it VERY attractive.

Tom Ghesquiere
02-10-2005, 1:01 PM
No luck here in Fort Worth, TX. I just called my local Sears and they say it comes up at $149 on the computer, not on sale. Maybe your Sears will deliver to my Sears! LOL

Bob Flemming
02-10-2005, 1:07 PM
I thought I was the only one who snuck new tools in and sprinkled saw dust on them.

Ted Shrader
02-10-2005, 2:13 PM
. . . sprinkled saw dust on them.
Now that is a good idea. :D :) :D ;)

Ted

Maurice Ungaro
02-10-2005, 2:22 PM
You guys are all BAD people :D !

Maurice

Bob Winkler
02-11-2005, 7:57 AM
No luck here in Fort Worth, TX. I just called my local Sears and they say it comes up at $149 on the computer, not on sale. Maybe your Sears will deliver to my Sears! LOL
That's too bad. I bought a second one last night for a coworker and even got an extra 10% off for using my Sears card. The model # you want is 926609. The usual unit is 926608, which is not on sale. The 926609 is the same table, but includes the router bit set and lamp. So you get more for a lot less!

I put mine together last night and was very impressed. For under $50, I couldn't even make or buy the top with fence.

Bob

Chris Livingston
02-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I used to think I would get caught for any little tool purchase I made but over the last week and a half I hade my cabinet saw with a 50" side table totally disassembled making the garage look very empty and no power tool sounds other than a drill have been heard in that time and then last night she asks how the buffet table I started before this whole debacle began was going.

I think I may try to get that 20” planer next week J But how do I trick her into helping me unload it if I buy it local or explain the freight truck if I have it delivered while I’m at work ?

Phil Winn
02-11-2005, 5:40 PM
I just picked one up-the last one at my local Sears--it also comes with
a light and a 10-piece router bit set with wooden box---all for $47.95 !
Thanks,
Phil

Wes Bischel
02-11-2005, 7:45 PM
Bob,
Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately our local Sears didn't have any, and the only one that did had a $148 price on it. :(

Thanks again, maybe next time!

Wes

Phil Winn
02-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Ask for # 26609 and 926609.....and call a few different Sears stores-they can even ship it to a store near you...for $47.95--just the 10 piece bits and lamp...
its a good deal.

Phil

Per Swenson
02-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Well, I read these posts, got all excited and drove straight to Sears in Rockaway

NJ. They had it on clearence for $101.00. I had them call the Sears in CT, and then got a run around. I bought it any way. I just have to bring back proof
somehow that there was a price reduction within the next 30 days. But that's not the point. I don't need this. I just wanted a tool bargin. Silly hunh?

Wes Bischel
02-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Phil,
I did have them search all of the Sears stores around me and they only found the one for $148. Will they search nationwide and ship one in?

Wes

robert king
02-12-2005, 9:40 PM
Thanks for the price alert. This is a valuable use of this forum. I went to local Sears in El Paso, TX. West side store had table on sale for $50.97 but they were out. East side said they had none but ended up finding two in the back. It was on sale for $148.99. In the end they matched the $50.97 price after talking to manager.
Great deal - $199 table, $69 router bits, and lamp for $50.97. Got $15 off first month's billing for applying for new card and 10% off for using card to buy router table.
End result after tax I will get it all for about $35.
My wife said Happy Valentine's day.

Darren Ford
02-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I stopped by Sears last night, they had two of these in stock, but would only drop the price to $62. I was able to get the 10% off with my Sears card so total after tax price was < $61 (they slap us with 9% sales tax around here).

I ended up just getting both of them, and if someone wants it just let me know. Price will be what I paid plus shipping of course.

Wes Bischel
02-13-2005, 2:01 PM
Phil,
I called the stores as you suggested rather than having the local store search. Guess what - the $148 quoted from the local Sears suddenly became $50.97 when I called the other store! Thanks for the nudge - I now have the router table which has been on my list to build for the past year and a half!

Thanks again for the post and the encouragement.

Wes

John Schoenauer
02-13-2005, 7:34 PM
This may be a dumb question but will my Bosch 1617 fit this table? I am headed to Sears in the morning to see if they have any. I just wanted to make sure it would work with my router.
Thanks John Schoenauer

David Fried
02-13-2005, 7:43 PM
I just got back from Lowes in Manchester, CT. They have two of the Feud router tables, includes the 3 1/4 hp Freud router, marked down to 150.00 from 399.99 (same price as amazon).

I have a router and a router table but it seems like a bargain. Why would I want another router table? Give me a couple of good reasons and I'll go back!

Other CT WW's - they're there for the taking!

Bob Winkler
02-13-2005, 9:38 PM
This may be a dumb question but will my Bosch 1617 fit this table? I am headed to Sears in the morning to see if they have any. I just wanted to make sure it would work with my router.
Thanks John Schoenauer
John, it has a removable mounting plate that can be drilled to match any router, just in case the predrilled holes don't match your router.

Bob

Marshall Harrison
02-14-2005, 7:32 PM
How are you guys proving to the salesmen that you can get it for $47? I would try talking my salesman into matching it if there was a way to prove that they were on sale for the lower price.

Bob Winkler
02-14-2005, 8:02 PM
Hi Marshall,

I bought two at $47 (actually one was 10% cheaper because of a sale) last week. I could fax you my sales receipt if it would help.

The pertinent info is: Sears Hardware Store 05044 in Vernon, CT
Item 26609 Table, Router Clearance ----$47.97

Sorry you're having a problem.

Bob

Marshall Harrison
02-15-2005, 7:20 AM
Thanks for the offer Bob. I've finally decided to make LOML happy and pass on this. She was OK with it on Saturday but by yesterday she was against it.

I'm picking up an 8' formica counter top from a friend Thursday and I think I'll just make a router table extension for my TS.

Thanks again for the offer.

Fred Hubert
02-19-2005, 8:22 AM
For those of you in NH or MA, I found several of these at the Manchester,NH Sears and supposedly 2 at the Reading, MA Sears Hardware. None are on display, they are all in the stock room. $48 and change.

~ Fred

Jeff Pilcher
02-20-2005, 1:26 AM
I got one at Sears in Vernon Hills, IL (Hawthorne Mall) today. The sales guy did not even know about the special. They had them listed in the computer at $60 but dropped it to $47 when I asked them to check another store that had the lower price listed but none available.

Sales guy put one aside for himself as I was leaving.

The computer said they had 2 more in stock. The phone number for this store is(847) 918-2220 if anyone wants it.

John Strait
02-20-2005, 9:08 AM
Had my daughter pick up the last one at the Manhattan, KS store. The salesman I talked to on the phone indicated he had only one and it was $53. He was unaware it was on clearance. For that price it will come in handy when I have the extension wing router setup for something I don't want to change.

Thanks everyone for the heads-up on this.

John :) :)

Roger Smith
03-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Found one in Salina yesterday,$46.21 out the door! For the size of my shop I think this will work great.

Corey Hallagan
03-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Bob you have any idea on the dimensions on that table top? I wonder if this sale is on nationally?

Corey

Corey Hallagan
03-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I just showed this post to my wife and said that is a 180.00 router table. She said, wow, what a great deal. She said, I will be out by Sears later this afternoon. She said, do you have a router? ........uhmmmmm........ only a wore out old one...cough cough...um... yeah.. no big deal. New Dewalt 618 would be nice though. She said, I will check it out!!! Don't care about the router... I have 3 but sure would like to get that router table!! New router would be icing on the cake! Tripple layer cake. Thanks for the post BOB! Hope I can snag one.

Corey

Bob Winkler
03-06-2005, 1:56 PM
Hi Corey,

Good luck finding one. Seems that in my neck of the wood there are none to be had anymore. Of course, it didn't help that I bought 4 of them!

FYI, I have also sent the sales receipt to a couple of Creekers who found one, but claim it wasn't on sale. Don't know how they made out.

Used mine yesterday and it worked like a champ with a PC690 router mounted.

Bob

Bill Lewis
03-06-2005, 4:18 PM
When I saw this post, I just had to check out the original post date. Too late for sure. I was going to head out the door to get one, even though I don't need one either.

Corey Hallagan
03-06-2005, 5:01 PM
I never looked at the orginal post date either. My wife checked it out and they haven't had any more sometime. Oh well.... that was fun getting all excited about a new tool! There will be more sales no doubt!

Corey

john lawson
03-06-2005, 9:12 PM
My thanks to Bob Winkler and anyone else who kept this thread alive. I originally read it about 3 days after Bod posted it. I called the local Sears and the only store that honored the sale was out of the router tables.

Since I had to deliver some furniture to my daughter in Dallas, TX on my birthday, and they had been bugging me about what kind of gift I would like, I called my son-in-law and explained about the sale told him if they wanted to get me something this would be nice, but only if Sears honored the sale.

Well, I was there last week, delivered the furniture and guess what I got for my birthday? Yes, a new Sears Professional Router Table with the bits and light. My son-in-law explained that he had to drive about 30 miles to another store and they still had 4 of them. I couldn't believe he didn't buy one for himself!!

Thanks again for the alert and it confirms how valuable a resource Sawmill Creek is for everyone who participates.

Bill Sampson
03-06-2005, 9:51 PM
Bob,
I received the receipt you sent on Sat. and thank you for it. Went to Sears today and asked if they price matched. Answer was yes. Presented the receipt and asked for this table. Sales person took the receipt to the dept. mgr. who in turn discussed with a district mgr. Bottom line, the district mgr refused to price match. Said if the receipt was from a competitor, they must honor, but if from another Sears unit, he was not required to do so. Clearance price was $101. Tried two other stores in the area, but none in stock. Both stores said they would price match if they were in stock.
Don't understand the price match difference between a competitor and their own company, but couldn't change his mind.
Thanks again for your help!!
Bill Sampson

Bob Winkler
03-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi Bill,

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I have to smile when I think about all the stink we've caused about these tables. Ya gotta love this Creek!

Bob