PDA

View Full Version : HF Coupon

BOB OLINGER
06-06-2011, 2:36 PM
Maybe I've just been blind in the past, but I noticed a HF circular with a 20% off coupon in the garbage section (advertisements/coupons) of the Sunday newspaper. In fact, once I found one in the local paper (Ames), I checked the the DM Register and found it again. I don't go through this section very often, but was glad I found these and will put them to use.

Dan Hintz
06-06-2011, 2:46 PM
Do a Google search for 20% HF coupons and print off as many as you need... most stores gladly accept printed versions, despite what it says on the coupon itself.

Ron Jones near Indy
06-06-2011, 3:02 PM
Sign up and they will email you that plus additional coupons several times a week. Check out the HF site.

Troy Turner
06-06-2011, 5:06 PM
Food for thought...If there's a lower price on their website, you have to print that off and take it to the store. Don't know why, but they consider that a price match! But yeah, I get circulars direct from them as well as in the paper for 20%. Alot of folks have bought their D/C with those. And if you catch them onsale, even bigger bonus.

Joe Angrisani
06-06-2011, 6:48 PM
Maybe I've just been blind in the past, but I noticed a HF circular with a 20% off coupon in the garbage section (advertisements/coupons) of the Sunday newspaper. In fact, once I found one in the local paper (Ames), I checked the the DM Register and found it again. I don't go through this section very often, but was glad I found these and will put them to use.

AND.... If you have a local Harbor Freight store, your local Home Depot and Lowes will also take those Harbor Freight 20%-ers.

We get that Harbor Freight flier in a Wednesday mailing with local supermarket and Ace Hardware ads. I have a stack of HF coupons in my wallet and rarely leave Home Depot without using one. Whether it's a regular-priced shovel or a Ridgid Oscillating Sander already on sale. They'll take it.

Bruce Wrenn
06-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Some Sundays, you also get a HF 20% off coupon in the Parade Magazine. I keep a couple in my wallet all the time. Because my wife's parents save me theirs also, I have extra's. When I'm in the store, and someone is making a purchase, I often give them one. Makes their day. I just don't need / want any more of those stinking flashlights. The screw driver sets and multimeter are good deals for FREE!

Rich Engelhardt
06-07-2011, 6:51 AM
Don't forget to grab the "freebie" coupon too. We sometimes get a different "freebie" in our Sunday flyer than the one my mother in law (different city/different paper) gets in her's.

Also - not all HD and Lowes will honor the 20% or 25% off coupon. The ones around me don't.
Yes - 25% off. As mentioned above, sign up for both the email and the monthly flyer.
Once in a while, in one or the another, HF tosses in a 25% off coupon.

Food for thought...If there's a lower price on their website, you have to print that off and take it to the store. Don't know why, but they consider that a price match!
The way I understand it is that the HF stores are a franchise & independently owned. They can opt out of certain promtions if they choose to.
Burger King and McDonalds are similar - but in a really wierd sort of way.

I was at a McDonalds in West Virginia one morning & they had a big sign up for something for $.99. I ordered one and when they rang me up they charged regular price. When I questioned it, they told me they didn't honor that promotion! I asked why post a sign then? The manager told me they had to according to their agreement, but, they didn't have to honor the price if they didn't want to. He said the fine print on the sign explained the whole thing.

I just don't need / want any more of those stinking flashlights. The screw driver sets and multimeter are good deals for FREE!
LOL!
We have a flashlight in nearly every room in the house & @ least one in each car.
When the batteries go dead, I just take them out and toss them & stick the empty in a drawer. One of these days I wire a bunch of them together & hook them up as a utility light or something! :D
The free screwdrivers rock as paint can openers!

Paul Steiner
06-07-2011, 7:32 AM
My HF store takes does not take printed or copied coupons but they do take coupons that get sent to my smart phone. The 20% off coupons were hard to find but lately it seems like I get one a week.

Joe Angrisani
06-07-2011, 9:11 AM
....Also - not all HD and Lowes will honor the 20% or 25% off coupon. The ones around me don't....

Then talk to the manager. Home Depot "price-matches-minus-10%" and "honors competitor's coupons". If they won't honor company policy, let them know you are taking this purchase and future business to their competitor. Just don't expect 20% off a new bathtub - it has to be stuff Harbor Freight sells.

Two local Home Depots even took a Menards ad I printed a page from online as a pricematch-minus-10% on some Jorgensen parallel clamps. The closest Menards is something like 250 miles away, and the second-closest is 350 or so. Play hardball and the borgs always cave.

Dave Lehnert
06-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Then talk to the manager. Home Depot "price-matches-minus-10%" and "honors competitor's coupons". If they won't honor company policy, let them know you are taking this purchase and future business to their competitor. Just don't expect 20% off a new bathtub - it has to be stuff Harbor Freight sells.

Two local Home Depots even took a Menards ad I printed a page from online as a pricematch-minus-10% on some Jorgensen parallel clamps. The closest Menards is something like 250 miles away, and the second-closest is 350 or so. Play hardball and the borgs always cave.

Each retailer can be different but in general % off coupons are not honored but will match the price. For example, If store "A" advertises a drill $100 and store "B" advertises all drills 25% off but that drill in question is priced $175. a price match is not in order.
That was company policy but where we ran into trouble is when a store manager made a call to go ahead a honer a price match (That was OK) but then that customer got on a message board and posted what he was able to do. Suddenly that became policy in the customers eyes. Because of this you are seeing retailers get a lot more restrictive.

jonathan eagle
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Each retailer can be different but in general % off coupons are not honored but will match the price. For example, If store "A" advertises a drill $100 and store "B" advertises all drills 25% off but that drill in question is priced $175. a price match is not in order.
That was company policy but where we ran into trouble is when a store manager made a call to go ahead a honer a price match (That was OK) but then that customer got on a message board and posted what he was able to do. Suddenly that became policy in the customers eyes. Because of this you are seeing retailers get a lot more restrictive.
I agree.
I think it is really YMMV. My local homedepots haven't taken the % off coupons in 4 years.

Cary Falk
06-07-2011, 2:05 PM
The screw driver sets and multimeter are good deals for FREE!

The multimeters are dangerous. I had one blow up on me while checking a ceiling light. I almost fell off my ladder. Scarry stuff.

Bruce Wrenn
06-07-2011, 10:06 PM
The multimeters are dangerous. I had one blow up on me while checking a ceiling light. I almost fell off my ladder. Scarry stuff.You most likely had it set to read resistance and was checking voltage instead. Try that on a electric fence, and will really see it blow up. Only nice thing about the flash lights, other than being free, is you can locate them in the dark. Just follow the smell. I left a new one in my car for a couple days. When I opened the door, I thought someone had thrown up in my car.

Cary Falk
06-08-2011, 3:44 AM
You most likely had it set to read resistance and was checking voltage instead.
Nope, I know my way around a multimeter.

Joe Angrisani
06-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Nope, I know my way around a multimeter.

And you went with the HF freebie anyway? :p

Cary Falk
06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
And you went with the HF freebie anyway? :p

Battery dead in the good one. Now they are both dead.:D