PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
06-06-2011, 1:38 AM
6 June 2011

Good Morning,
Well, not really "morning" for many of you, but hey, I'm oncall this week/weekend and working all night most every night has taken its toll on this old boy. I thought I post this early as I hope to be sleeping by the time many of you get up and read this.

The LOML Jr. is now married, the wedding is over, our neighbors wedding is now over and we can all settle down a bit to get some much needed rest.

No shop time for me this past week or weekend.....all work and no play has made me a grouchy old man. :)

That's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Rich Engelhardt
06-06-2011, 7:00 AM
Worked on this:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?167160-Shop-vac-Thien-seperator-roll-around-quot-scraps-project-quot-.

Put a pretty good dent into getting it done.

Matt Meiser
06-06-2011, 7:59 AM
Friday evening I mostly cleaned up the mess from moving everything out of my storage area to get concrete poured, including getting all my lumber back in my lumber rack and rebuilding some shelving for "stuff" (i.e. tractor parts/supplies, electrical supplies, plumbing supplies, etc.) Put an old metal workbench that mostly just served to catch clutter out to the curb as well as a dehumidifier that still worked but had a broken fan for which the replacement was discontinued. Saturday a group of us helped a member of my club get the worst of his shop packed into a couple Pods for a move. Sunday did some chores around the house, went to the funeral home for one of my wife's aunts, and got the door to my future finishing room almost installed.

Ryan Hellmer
06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
No real shop time but I did get up early Saturday morning and worked on the basement. Cut up the slab to make room for the new bathroom lines, got all the drains installed. Sunday the little one was up early, so we went to early church. Poured the conrete in my trenches (10 bags) and cleaned up the yard. Had a little BBQ with some homemade ice cream with friends. I really felt like this was my holiday weekend (since last weekend was on the road).

Ryan

james glenn
06-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Didn't do much in the shop, but I did purchase a Jet 14" Bandsaw over the weekend, see this thread
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?167135-Possible-JET-Bandsaw-CL-Gloat

I spent Saturday getting machinery and such ready for haying season on the farm here in NY and then Sunday
I planted the garden with LOML so she can enjoy her fresh veggies and whatnot.

David Hostetler
06-06-2011, 11:33 AM
This ended up being a diddly squat weekend. All I managed to get accomplished is marking a cut line in the sheet of plywood that will become my second wall hung / clamshell storage cabinet for the shop. Highs this weekend were well over 100F, thankfully humidity was reasonably low, but not Arizona low... I was dealing with 50+ % RH with 105 deg temps. so I stayed holed up in the living room with LOML praying for cooler weather...

Spent some time doing some web site development for a business LOML and I are working on, and remembering that PHP is a pain sometimes...

But for the most part, this weekend was one of rest, and relaxation. Something that was LONG overdue... I actually like coming to work on Mondays when I don't feel like an ad for death...

BOB OLINGER
06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
We went to KC on Saturday to help our daughter, husband, and family move. On Sunday, started with church then several finish up jobs - finished wiring the thermostat on the floor (under tile) heating system installed a few weeks ago, cut some shelf boards for the bath closet, cut down a couple of dying blue spruce trees, sharpened a mower blade, not much else.

Jim Rimmer
06-06-2011, 1:03 PM
Yard work Friday evening after 7:00 to beat the heat (some). Got in about 4 hours shop time on Saturday; it was hot but bearable with the fans going. Church on Sunday then out to the shop about 2:30 - back in the house by 3:00. It was just toooooo hot. Sunday set all time record highs in this area. Official real temp was 105. Galveston Island even surpassed 103 which set an all time record high for them. That's only 20 miles from me and closer to the gulf breezes.

Jim Becker
06-07-2011, 9:14 PM
No shop time for me, either, this past weekend, Dennis...just the normal horsie stuff and a whole lot of very heavy weeding work on our landscaping. Unfortunately, it's only about a third done. I am, however, about to start with the final finishing work on the wide pine flooring in the study room that's on the first floor of the 250 year old portion of our home. A quick remedial sanding and then the dye goes on followed by a seal coat of de-waxed shellac. Once the color is there, a few coats of water borne floor finish will, well...finish that part of the project so I can do the final paint touchups and "move in", as it were.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-07-2011, 9:23 PM
My granddaughter Scooter, her 2 daughters ( ages 5 years and 3 months) and her beau arrived early Thursday morning. He had to fly back on Saturday to be at work so.....Thursday, he and I drove US-12 to Lowell, ID. Though it rained along the highway, the high country around us I am sure was seeing white precipitation. We saw snow caps in area. We enjoyed lunch at the Wilderness Inn at 3 Rivers and returned home. Friday, we spent the day preparing and then serving a cookout for 23 people. We served hot dogs, hamburgers and barbequed chicken, potato salad, fruit salad, macaroni salad, several deserts and other various salads, chips etc. They left and we collapsed. Saturday, I did the dishes from the day before and started the clean up. Sunday afternoon, Sharon finished the cleanup. Our granddauther and 2 great-granddaughters were spending the evening with Grandpa and Grandma (our oldest son and wife) so we just chilled.

Bobby O'Neal
06-08-2011, 9:38 AM
Here's what I did this weekend.

Lilian Elizabeth, born Sunday morning.

george wilson
06-08-2011, 9:50 AM
Made 90 brass bezel cups for my wife's jewelry business. They are like tiny,very short tin cans for mounting stones in. To be soldered to the bodies of the jewelry models.These are for the master models,which will be cast into silver final pieces.A typical piece would be,say,1/8" inside dia.,the insides turned to a flat bottom cup .040" deep. The walls are .023" thick,outside height .050" tall. Some larger,some smaller.

Now,she wants more!! I do this job fairly often.

Ryan Hellmer
06-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Congratulations Bobby! That's more than a weekend accomplishment (if you doubt, ask your wife). Now I'm sure you'll have plenty of shop time to get all those new kiddo projects done... ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Congrats Bobby....Now that is a gloat!

Bobby O'Neal
06-08-2011, 1:35 PM
Thanks, fellas. A gloat, indeed. I'd say the shop time will be on hold till after we get home from a 4th of July trip to Maine. Gotta help Mommy as much as possible, especially since this makes number 3!