PDA

View Full Version : Hinge Pin Sizes?

Matt Meiser
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I was working on installing the door for my finishing room and discovered that the hinge pins have been misplaced in the 1-1/2 years since I bought the door. We disassembled the frame for easier transport and I would have thought I would put the pins back in the hinges or in a bag taped to a door but nnnnoooooo...

They are 4" hinges, but the 2 4" hinges in my box have larger diameter pins as do the hinges on the entry door to my shop. I had some 3-1/2" hinges in my box that have pins of the same diameter. I checked another door with 3-1/2" hinges and the pins match as well. In reality the 3-1/2" pins will work just fine, but I'm curious--are hinge pins standard diameters or are these odd balls? They are 0.233" in diameter BTW. I didn't measure the larger size.

I'm hoping I can find some that will work at Lowes tomorrow.

Matt Meiser
06-06-2011, 9:23 AM
So to kind of answer my own question, I don't know, but I found 4" pins in the diameter I need at Lowes. $0.68/4pk. Cheapest I've ever gotten out of Lowes.

Joe Angrisani
06-06-2011, 9:37 AM
....$0.68/4pk. Cheapest I've ever gotten out of Lowes.

That does appear to be some kind of record. I got out of CostCo yesterday with one $4.99 rotisserie chicken, and I felt like I tricked the gods.

Matt Meiser
06-06-2011, 9:50 AM
No, you win. Don't think I've ever gotten out of Costco for less than $80. Unless you count the gas station...and even then maybe...