PDA

View Full Version : Mulberry Wood Gloat

James Combs
06-05-2011, 3:37 PM
Some of you will recall the orangehoneymulcherrylocustberryosage (as Roger C. put it) posting http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?163724-No.-33-Osage-Orange-HF&highlight=. I had posted a small hollowform and noted it as Osage Orange but after several posts by others it was more or less determined to be Mulberry, which I conceded to.

I have since been given the opportunity to pickup the rest of the "wood pile" I got the original piece from. It amounts to small pickup truck load. I have some folks dropping by from our local club and will be parceling out some of it to them.

There is several nice pieces here although there is some definite checking going on. Been in the wood pile maybe 3 years. Some was on the ground. Does anyone know if Mulberry Spalts?

This is the HF turned from my original piece as noted above.

John K. I have a piece or two with your name on it if you are interested? I could bring it to you at one of the club meetings?

charlie knighton
06-05-2011, 4:13 PM
looks like a nice haul, do not know if it spaults, but looks like a couple crocth pieces

Donny Lawson
06-05-2011, 8:43 PM
I'm not sure about the spalting but there is some nice crotch turnings there. I've got some Mulberry that I brought home a year or so ago but haven't gotten back to it and I have noticed the spalting but it has some bad checks in it now.

John Keeton
06-05-2011, 9:33 PM
JD, I saw the email exchange on the mulberry - great haul! Are you going to make next month's meeting at Lynn's? If so, I would love to try a piece of this.

Roger Chandler
06-05-2011, 9:38 PM
Nice haul James! Hope we got all that straight now...........I agree Mulberry it is! :D

Steve Schlumpf
06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
James - congrats on your wood haul! Hope the checking isn't too bad!

James Combs
06-06-2011, 9:34 AM
John, PM me Lynn's address, if it's not too far I may make it. If it is Lexington or East of Lex it is probably a go for me to be there. Much farther will be iffy.