PDA

View Full Version : Grizz Annual Sale

Ralph Butts
06-04-2011, 9:17 PM
Can anyone share what level of savings I might expect buying a table saw during the Grizz one day sale. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a G623X. I am hoping to get more than the $100-150 off usual spring and winter sales.

Harold Burrell
06-05-2011, 7:05 AM
What sale???

Derek Gilmer
06-05-2011, 8:56 AM
Are you talking about the tent sale? If so that is hard to say. The stock there is quite varied and at great prices. But there is no assurance they will have exactly the item you are wanting. They did have plenty of table saws at the one I attended though.

Ralph Butts
06-05-2011, 1:03 PM
Sorry see what happens when I assume. I am referring to the annual tent sale. Specifically the upcoming date in Bellingham, WA. After speaking with Grizz I understand that it can be quite the varied selection of as-is, one of a kinds, scratch and dents, etc.. I was also assured that there would be sale prices on show room items as well. I am specifically looking for a baby slider, the G0623X. I am looking for what kind of savings others have gotten at previous tent sales. If my anticipation of the discount level is out of touch then I can look for a pre-owned unit now rather then waiting until the 25th.

Nick Spencer-Berger
06-05-2011, 2:53 PM
At the Bellingham tent sale last year I got a G0689 planer with one broken part for $175 and a 31 piece forstner bit set for $25 as well as a few smaller things. I am looking forward to this year's tent sale. You generally have to get there pretty early if you want to get a really good deal. I am hoping to pick up either a G1023RL or G0690 this time.

Ralph Butts
06-05-2011, 3:53 PM
Nick thanks for the response. That is the king of information I was hoping to hear. I am specifically looking for a G0623X. I was hoping to save "a lot" of money on a display model or a scratch and dent. I intend to be there several hours before the event starts.

Curt Harms
06-06-2011, 8:58 AM
The tent sale I went to a couple years ago the prices seemed to be 1/2 to 2/3 of new depending on what was damaged or missing. There were specials in the show room as well like clamps but i don't believe everything was discounted.

David Helm
06-06-2011, 12:08 PM
One thing I would highly recommend if you're coming to the tent sale. Get here at least a day early and get in line. It's worse than trying to get into any general admission rock concert.