PDA

View Full Version : Possible JET Bandsaw CL Gloat

james glenn
06-04-2011, 9:09 PM
So yesterday I picked up a 14" Jet Bandsaw off of CL.
I have been looking to upgrade for a while now, and happened to see this one for sale.
The table is a little rusty, but only surface, not pitting. I will be cleaning it up this week.

$125

I plan on on buying a riser block, new blade for resawing, tires, and eventually the Carter guides.

All in all, I am very happy with it so far, but would love to hear any knowledge from you guys who own one.

Jimmy

Myk Rian
06-04-2011, 9:43 PM
I'm against the Carter guides for re-sawing. IMHO they're an expensive gimmick add-on.
Instead, I'll make guide blocks out of hardwood. That way I can bury the blade in them for more re-saw control.

Carroll Courtney
06-05-2011, 8:56 AM
Nice find James,and at a price that you can say adding anything to that saw is free.Lots of rm there to invest and not go over what the saw is worth.
Myk,any pics of your setup??Using wood guide blocks,does that help alot or just alittle?Just wondering and looking for ways to improve---Carroll

Bill Huber
06-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice saw at a good price, I am sure that top will clean up really well. I have the same saw only with the closed base, I love mine.
I did 3 things to mine, put Cool Block on, added a Kreg fences and a Cater Quick release. I have not put a riser on it, have just not needed to resaw anything that wide yet.

james glenn
06-05-2011, 8:47 PM
Thanks guys.

I'll get some pics of once I get it cleaned and such.

Myk, I too would like to see a pic if you have some. It sounds like a good idea and a much better price than the Carter guides.

Carroll - that was my thought exactly when I sae the price. And, once I sell my little craftsman, I hope that is enough to cover the
riser block at least so that would be even better.

Bill - I was looking at the Kreg Fence, how do you like yours? How well does the dust collection work on the saw?

Bill Huber
06-05-2011, 9:14 PM
Thanks guys.

I'll get some pics of once I get it cleaned and such.

Myk, I too would like to see a pic if you have some. It sounds like a good idea and a much better price than the Carter guides.

Carroll - that was my thought exactly when I sae the price. And, once I sell my little craftsman, I hope that is enough to cover the
riser block at least so that would be even better.

Bill - I was looking at the Kreg Fence, how do you like yours? How well does the dust collection work on the saw?

I really like the Kreg fence, it goes on easy and comes off easy, it installed in about 10 min.. I have the micro adjuster which was a real waste and the resaw guide which I have never used.

Now the dust collection is really bad but I am only running a shop vac, if you had a good high cfm collector it may be good, not sure.