PDA

View Full Version : Box blade opinions

Bruce Koch
06-04-2011, 2:32 PM
I have a 45 hp tractor and want a box blade to do some landscaping. The tractor is 68" wide so looking for a 84" model. Any thoughts on brand and features? The ground is a little rocky so I don't want a light duty model.

Rick Moyer
06-04-2011, 2:45 PM
No clue, but you might head over to my tractor forum dot com. Lots of info there for whatever tractor questions you might have.

Larry Edgerton
06-04-2011, 4:53 PM
Land Pride, usually sold at Kabota dealers are made pretty well. I was looking at the welds of different brands and they seem to be one of the better ones without going commercial. I may buy a Land Pride backblade before winter. I want a box blade as well, but you can't have it all.....

Keep your eyes out for a RollOver. I had one at one time on a commercial JD. It is a box blade, a scarifier, and a smoother all in one. You just reach back from the seat and pull a lever and it pivots on a center bearing. Awesome piece.

I have a 45 HP Boomer and I bent one of those cheap back blades from Farm and Fleet all to heck on tree roots. If I had that money I wasted I could buy a good one. Lesson learned.

My best investment was the quick attach on the bucket. I am always switching from forks to bucket. I turn the forks upside down and clamp on a 28"x16' pick and have a work platform that goes to 12 foot.

Have fun with your search, Larry

Ken Massingale
06-05-2011, 8:17 AM
I have an LMC, Lowery Manuf. made in Boaz Alabama, a family business since 1967. It's equal or better quality as a King Kutter and somewhat less $$$. I like the fact that it and its parts are American. They have different grades so you can match to your needs. I got ours at a local tractor dealer.

lowerymanufacturing dot com