PDA

View Full Version : Spirit GX beam alignment and other issue

Jeff Wilkins
06-03-2011, 4:38 PM
Hi folks,

If someone out there has a Spirit GX and is willing to take a video of how to properly align the beam that would be great or if you have pictures and could walk me through the process. I think I did it correctly, I used the tape method and put masking tape over the holes and made sure the beam hit the middle of the circle opening the best I could. I did not turn the machine on so I guess I cannot assume the red beam and the actual laser beam are aligned. How do I do the 10% laser power test to mark the tape???? safely :)

Issue #2 - it seems the laser loses power / focus from left to right across the bed. This hasn't happened before and just started. Thoughts on this, or how to fix it. For example, I am cutting masonite and it will cut through 1/8in at 3.6s 100p 150ppi on the left side of the table but in the same run, the beam diameter seems to increase and not cut fully through on the right side. This happens after about 12in of x travel.

Thanks
jw

Rodne Gold
06-03-2011, 4:49 PM
I think your alignment is out , when you do the alignment , make sure the beam hits your first mirror on the gantry in the middle when its at the top left AND the same at the bottom left , ie when the gantry is at the top and the bottom of the machine , after that make sure the beam hits dead centre on the head morror hole when the head is at the left AND extreme right. You should be spot on (do not use the red beam to check , you have to fire the laser)

Jeff Wilkins
06-03-2011, 10:55 PM
how can I fire the laser and test check it with the lid up?

oscar martinez
06-04-2011, 1:11 AM
Jeff Check your PM so I can send you the Instructions and Pictures.