PDA

View Full Version : New Tool Gloat - MM16

Mike Forsman
02-09-2005, 2:11 AM
Managed to get a 4-day weekend starting last Thursday. So I drove down to Austin from Dallas to pickup my new MM16. Have been really busy over the weekend helping LOML with another project and haven't had a chance to clean it up, connect the power, and test it out. It's about to drive me crazy! Here's my first attempt a post and posting pictures. The first is after I got home and before I unloaded it from the truck. Got my brother-in-law and my two teenage boys to help with that task. The second picture was taken tonight. Really hope to get it cleaned up, setup, and in use really soon.

Aaron Montgomery
02-09-2005, 8:19 AM
Nice score! I've got one myself, though I haven't used it as much as I would like. I think you'll be pleased with it.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-09-2005, 8:35 AM
Very nice gloat! It sure looks like a nice machine!

Jim Becker
02-09-2005, 8:52 AM
As I am so oft to say in this occasion, "Excellent choice..."!! Enjoy your new MM16. It's a great tool.

And...welcome to the creek!!! There are a whole bunch of SMC-ers in your area, too...really nice folks to get together with.

Roger Bell
02-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I dont know if they are still giving out the somewhat-translated-from-the Italian owner's manual that I got with mine. Some ordinary users got together (from the MM Users Group Board) and put together a new one that is far superior and will be of much greater help to you in initial set up.

Jim Strain at MM will send you one if you ping him.

Maurice Ungaro
02-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Mike,

Welcome to the Creek. Looks like you've jumped in "cannonball style".

Maurice

Mike Forsman
02-09-2005, 10:55 AM
I dont know if they are still giving out the somewhat-translated-from-the Italian owner's manual that I got with mine. Some ordinary users got together (from the MM Users Group Board) and put together a new one that is far superior and will be of much greater help to you in initial set up.

Jim Strain at MM will send you one if you ping him.
When I picked up the Saw at Mini Max in Austin, Sam suggested that I down load the new manual from the web. I have done that and I agree that it is a much better manual than the one that came with the saw.

Ted Shrader
02-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Mike -

First - Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out and exchange ideas. Glad to have you.

Second - Congratulations on the new MM16. Have had one now for all of two months and really like it. If the Sam you spoke of is Sam Blasco . . . He is a good guy and comes well recommended from others here at the Creek.

Welcome,
Ted

John Renzetti
02-09-2005, 2:08 PM
hi Mike, You got a real good bandsaw. congrats. I have a number of friends that have the MM16 and it has worked well for them.
And I'm sure you'll agree that when you need a truck you need a truck. Somehow my 90 GMC 4x4 is still chugging along. Keep getting machines like this and you'll need a long bed.
take care,
John

Bruce Page
02-09-2005, 2:49 PM
Mike, welcome to SMC and congrats on the new BS http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gif. If you plan on moving it much, you might want to check out this thread.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=10507