PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Customer Service From Vince

Gene Hintze
06-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Like many of you I buy my abrasives and backup pads from Vince at Vinces's WoodNWonders. I have been going through backup pads faster than I thought I should be so I emailed Vince to ask for some advice. He took the time to personally call me (called twice actually), talked through the issues I was having, gave me some excellent advice about how to correct my sanding technique and even sent me some replacement pads free of charge. I am a business owner as well and am all too familiar with customers complaining when there is a problem but you never hear from them the 99.9% of the time when things are going right. I just wanted to publicy commend Vince on his excellent customer service and let him know he has a loyal customer in Greensboro, NC.

Steve Schlumpf
06-03-2011, 1:11 PM
Always great to hear of good customer service! So, what were you doing that was causing the backup pads to fail? Might be that the advice from Vince could save us all from burning them up!

Gene Hintze
06-03-2011, 1:26 PM
Vince recommended the use of interface pads (firm for the coarser grits and soft for the finer grits) and slowing down my sanding speed. I already sand at my lowest lathe speed (about 225 rpm) but I also need to slow down my drill speed. Slower sanding speeds and the use of the interface pads should keep the backup pad cooler. Vince also recommended a lighter touch when sanding. With my type A personality I always want to get things done as fast as possible so I was sanding at higher speeds and applying a lot of pressure to get through the sanding process quickly. I have also discovered that when my backup pad gets hot I can just sick it in the vacuum hose for my dust collector for about 30 seconds. All that air getting sucked into the hose cools the pads down very quickly.

Bob Bergstrom
06-03-2011, 1:59 PM
If you think Vince is a great guy on the phone, he is even a better person in person. I had a good 20 min. talk with him at "Turn On Chicago". I didn't want to buy anything, but he told about himself and how he got started in the sanding disk business, all while working on a master degree.

John Keeton
06-03-2011, 3:23 PM
Great guy, great service, and great products!! And, he will be at AAW with creeker stickers for your badges, too, along with Doug Thompson and Mike Smith. (Just had to throw that in so you guys wouldn't forget to get your creeker smiley face!)

David E Keller
06-03-2011, 3:28 PM
Your experience was the rule rather than the exception with Vince... I don't have any reason to shop abrasives anywhere else.