PDA

View Full Version : An old friend...John Scane...nice work!

Mark Singer
02-09-2005, 1:36 AM
An old friend of mine just sent me his website...I have known John for many years...even before he worked with wood...He used to paint wonderful horses...His woodworking has come a long way and is worth looking at! He adds the artists touch to his design and works in mixed media... John still paints and his art work is forever changing....It is nice to share his progress!

http://www.johnscane.com/cabinetry/

Karl Laustrup
02-09-2005, 7:00 AM
Thanks for that link, Mark.

Some very nice work. I'm curious to see what that Bubinga slab is going to be used for.

Bob Marino
02-09-2005, 7:06 AM
Mark,

Wow, thanks for the link. Very interesting contrast with hthe wood and cement and agree with Karl...what't that Bubinga slab gonno be one day?

Bob

Jeff Sudmeier
02-09-2005, 8:34 AM
That is some amazing work!!

Any chance on convincing him to become a member here?

Jim Becker
02-09-2005, 8:57 AM
I really like his work...great style. Nice choices in tools, too...;)

Tom Ghesquiere
02-09-2005, 9:42 AM
Gorgeous pieces of work. I feel like a hack!

Mark Singer
02-09-2005, 9:46 AM
Jeff,

I will ask him....

Gene Collison
02-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Beautiful work Mark, thanks for sharing. Very inspiring!

Gene

Jerry Clark
02-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Great work-- should be an inspiration to all wood workers to be more creative. Thanks for sharing!

John Scarpa
02-09-2005, 11:37 AM
I agree with Jerry. Amazing, An artist's perspective on creative woodworking.

Jim Hinze
02-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Beautiful work. What a talent.... very artistic.

Jason Tuinstra
02-09-2005, 1:50 PM
Mark, thanks for the link. I really like his choice of wood and his use of various combinations and figures. Thanks a lot for sharing this one!

Steve Wargo
02-09-2005, 1:58 PM
Being a huge fan of contempory art and textures I was totally drawn into his wall paintings. They are very special and quite unique. thanks for the link.

Mark Singer
02-09-2005, 4:42 PM
Jeff,

He joined today! He is on the list...no posts yet!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-09-2005, 4:55 PM
Jeff,

He joined today! He is on the list...no posts yet!

Yeah! From looking at his work, he will be a great addition to the Creek. I have looked at that site 3 or 4 times today! :)

John, welcome to the Creek! Everyone is very glad to have you.

Pete Harbin
02-09-2005, 8:19 PM
I had seen his site or at least some of those pictures some time ago. I remember the tables with cement tops. Very nice work.

That Bubinga slab is not just a piece of wood, it's a PIECE OF WOOD!!!!!!! :eek:
Can't wait to see pictures of that comission.

John Scane
02-10-2005, 1:06 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. I just joined today and I haven't had a chance to look around much. Thanks Mark for asking me to join - this site seems very informative and I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot from all the posts.Once again, Thanks All

John
Moderator removed signature line which contained a direct link to poster's web site which violates the SMC Terms of Service.

sascha gast
02-10-2005, 3:39 AM
hey john, it's sascha. where have you been, haven't heard from you since the costa mesa show. i hope things are well and one day i wanna come down to your shop. still happy with your jointer??
and mark, i didn't know you know john, he's a cool guy, helped me a lot when making my decision about the oliver jointer.

of course now i am intrigued to meet you as well

sascha

Mark Singer
02-12-2005, 8:39 PM
I probably know John for 10 years , I guess.....he is a great and talented guy....I am glad to have him with us at SMC... Let me know if you are down this way and we can get together.
hey john, it's sascha. where have you been, haven't heard from you since the costa mesa show. i hope things are well and one day i wanna come down to your shop. still happy with your jointer??
and mark, i didn't know you know john, he's a cool guy, helped me a lot when making my decision about the oliver jointer.

of course now i am intrigued to meet you as well

sascha

John Weber
02-12-2005, 9:47 PM
Wow, very nice work.

John

Kelly C. Hanna
02-13-2005, 9:03 AM
Nice shop too! Welcome John!