PDA

View Full Version : Whew...another close shave (without the single edges, please!)

Tim Rinehart
06-02-2011, 2:07 PM
A couple shaving sets using WC kits.

I've done one other of these using the PSI deluxe stand. It's a little pricier (by a whopping $6 or so) but is actually easier. The stem on it (PSI Stand) is easier to turn like a pen and finish with CA or whatever you choose than the base on these which need several coats of WOP. Perhaps it's just me making it harder. LOML likes these bases...I do like them too and you have more options on design, obviously.

The first one is spalted hickory (not 100% on the hickory part...but I'm sticking with hickory.

196701 196700 The second one is zebrawood.
The brushes are both WC pure badger brushes.

C&C welcome.

The guys at WC laughed when I bought them, I guess they thought I hadn't shaved in a few days! :p

Dennis Ford
06-02-2011, 7:14 PM
Those look nice, I might have to try a few.

John Hart
06-02-2011, 8:32 PM
Very very nice. I would want those as a gift. I wonder if I can get my girls to buy me the kit for father's day. Last year they got me 5 gallons of gas for the lawn mower, and had me take them to dinner. :)

David E Keller
06-02-2011, 8:38 PM
I've been thinking of making one of these sets for myself. I like what you've done there.

Steve Schlumpf
06-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Nice work Tim! Cool idea for a gift!

Sorry - but when I read your description - I just couldn't help but think that running around out there somewhere is a very angry badger with 2 bald spots!

Dan Forman
06-03-2011, 3:10 AM
Nice job on these sets, like the forms on both brushes and razor handles.

Dan

Tim Rinehart
06-03-2011, 8:20 AM
Nice work Tim! Cool idea for a gift!

Sorry - but when I read your description - I just couldn't help but think that running around out there somewhere is a very angry badger with 2 bald spots!
Steve, You shouldn't have said that...I'm going to have that visual running around my head now for rest of day!! :D:D:D