PDA

View Full Version : Mini Toyl Gloat---and Thanks

Gary Max
02-08-2005, 8:15 PM
I want to take a second to thank all the members who helped me with this lathe. From selling me parts to showing me how to the most out of the Lathe.
I call it --Extreme Micro Lathe--powered by a 1/4 hp Dayton DC motor(Thanks Carl). This lathe is set up to turn pens at shows this year. I still need to get the Plexi shields built but that should be easy.

Next Lathe will be a 6 footer with a 1/2 hp Dc motor for turning long small --4 inch-- diameter spindels---will take awhile to get it built. I have most of the parts--just finding the time.

Again-- Thanks to everyone who helped with this project.

Carl Eyman
02-08-2005, 8:31 PM
I knew I didn't have to spell it out. I was going to mention the control box could be mounted remotely, but obviously you saw that immediately. I see the sheave came in handy . It looks like you achieved what you were looking for. Good luck, but I've got no more variable speed motors - fresh out.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-08-2005, 9:37 PM
Nice gloat! Looks like you got yourself a nice little pen lathe there. It will be handy long after you move onto another lathe.

John Miliunas
02-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey Gary, that is super-slick! :) With that VSR on the motor, you'll be able to dial right in on the proper speed. Great for sanding or buffing! Don't tell me it goes in "reverse" too!? Regardless, pretty slick! Good job and worthy gloat.:cool: