PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt Sander No Dust Collection

Jim Summers
06-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Hello All,

I have been using a dewalt D26441 1/4 sheet sander for so long now I can't remember how long I have had it. The dust collection has always been ok until a few weeks ago. Then after some sanding I noticed a lot of dust on my tools and my glasses. So I thought the bag was full. Checked and it was a little full but I have had it fuller. So I dumped it and then used my air compressor to clean it all out. I can't see any obstructions. I tried to do some sanding tonight and still the same problem and now there is basically no dust in the bag and me and everything is covered in dust.

Any ideas how to fix?

Jerome Hanby
06-02-2011, 8:20 AM
Probably a stupid question, but does the sanding paper disk have holes and are the holes aligned with the holes in the sander's pad?

Jim Summers
06-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Probably a stupid question, but does the sanding paper disk have holes and are the holes aligned with the holes in the sander's pad?

Yep, this one uses 1/4 sheets of paper that you punch the holes with a punch plate that comes with the sander. I may have fixed it, but did not get a chance to test it out late last night. I took the rubber back off and then was able to get the plate off of the bottom also. It has a felt/wool gasket gled to it. I am guessing that somehow the gasket had lost its seal and wasn't allowing the air to move correctly. Hope to get to test it tonight.

Thanks