PDA

View Full Version : Veritas Router Table Insert

Prashun Patel
06-01-2011, 4:20 PM
Has anyone used / owned the Veritas router table insert? It's round and has a pretty nifty design. However, I can't find any solid endorsements for it.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=41776&cat=1,43000,51208

Jeff Monson
06-01-2011, 4:34 PM
Very interesting design + I like the idea of being able to use an insert ring or guide bushing. I don't like not being able to adjust the cutter height from above the table though.

Andy Margeson
06-01-2011, 5:16 PM
I have their router table, which is quite similar. I really like it and think it has many advantages. The fence, right angle sled and various accessories are fantastic. I would not trade it for any other router table I have seen. However, the other commenter is right. Changing the cutter height is cumbersome and that is a disadvantage. I have toyed with the idea of buying a router with above the table adjustment and drilling an access hole. Not sure if it would work.

Nelson Howe
06-01-2011, 5:26 PM
I have it. I like it a lot. It's the only router table I've used, so I can't compare. I end popping the whole thing--router and insert--in and out to change bits, which I find handy. I have a Bosch router which has tee handle that allows fine tuning of height adjustments from above. Installation instructions and tools are quite good.

Nelson