PDA

View Full Version : SD to VA and points between

Leigh Betsch
06-01-2011, 1:35 PM
Not sure where to post this so please move if this is the wrong place.
I am planning a trip from SD to VA with a empty trailer on the way out. If you have something you need hauled give me a pm. I could easily carry 1000 lbs or more going out. Might have some space coming back also. Route is a bit undecided, might be thru Mn,Wi, across the UP of Mi, then south and east. Or might be across Ia, Il, In, Oh, o.Ky, and into Va. All I'm asking is a few $ gas money.

Matt Day
06-01-2011, 1:52 PM
That's a generous offer! I'm not on your route right now but might be in August depending on which way you go. At any rate, you should probably list a date for when you plan to take this trip.

Leigh Betsch
06-01-2011, 1:57 PM
It will be in June, I don't want to publish the dates to the world but shoot me a pm and I give them to ya.

Leigh Betsch
06-07-2011, 6:59 PM
Quick bump, I leave for VA on Saturday.

Joe Angrisani
06-08-2011, 9:59 AM
.....I don't want to publish the dates to the world.....

The world knows now.... :)

Leigh Betsch
06-08-2011, 2:02 PM
Yeah I violated one of the security rules about posting on the internet. But as it turns out my adult kids are going to be home taking care of the place anyway.

Joe Angrisani
06-08-2011, 2:46 PM
....But as it turns out my adult kids are going to be home taking care of the place anyway.

Good save..... :D

Lee Schierer
06-08-2011, 3:44 PM
Yeah I violated one of the security rules about posting on the internet. But as it turns out my adult kids are going to be home taking care of the place anyway.

Not to mention your dogs......

Leigh Betsch
06-08-2011, 6:54 PM
The dogs take care of the kids!

Bill Edwards(2)
06-09-2011, 10:05 AM

And.... these are the same adult kids who carry?:D

Bill Rogers
06-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Are your dogs the proverbial "Pitbulls with Aids"?

Leigh Betsch
06-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Just got back from my trip. Quite the adventure, moving a household across the country. The highlight of the trip was batting around the Blue Ridge Parkway on motorcycles for a day and stopping off at Shenandoah Hardwoods in Buena Vista for a tour of the mill with fellow Creeker, Don Buck. Don's a great guy for offering and giving a sod buster from the plains a tour of a sawmill. First time I've ever been inside a sawmill. That band saw makes my MM20 look like a toy! Thanks a bunch Don. And if anyone needs a semi load of white oak, Don's your guy.