PDA

View Full Version : Uvex aircap mod

Harry Robinette
05-31-2011, 9:26 PM
I've had a AirCap sense Woodcraft sold them back about 5 years ago.It works great for positive air flow over your face BUT no face protection. So I bought a Uvex face shield but lost my air flow (which is really great in the summer air cond.or not) I decided I wanted both so I merged them and it works really great. Full face shield protection and positive air flow I really like it allot.Got this done just before the @!#$%^remodeling started.

Jake Helmboldt
05-31-2011, 11:26 PM
OK Harry, can you fill us in a bit on this aircap and the modification?

I just did a search and found the Aircap 3 and 4, which hava a face shield. Does anyone know anything about these? Are they available in the US?

Harry Robinette
06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
I could only find them through UK now also. Mine is 5 years old AirCap2 the shield on it was just for air direction no protection. I took the filter and fan system off the cap and installed on the front of my Uvex Face Shield. Woodcraft use to sell them but they don't sell them anymore.I didn't know they still sold the AirCap anywhere till I tried to get filters for mine and had to send to the UK for them.The New AirCap 4 I think has impact protection but not positive.I also seen the price they went to WOW was that a shocker.Hope this give you the info you wanted.

John Hart
06-01-2011, 5:56 AM
Pretty cool engineering effort Harry!! Air flow would be a plus. I think you nailed something there. How much does it weigh?

Tim Thiebaut
06-01-2011, 7:11 AM
That is quite the setup you have there now, that is a great modification...I did think I heard Darth Vader when I first looked at this though......