PDA

View Full Version : Need a "White Castle" building? American Pickers

dennis thompson
05-31-2011, 6:08 AM
Anyone else watch "American Pickers" I love that show. Two guys go around the Midwest looking in old barns for stuff to buy & resell. Like old signs, maybe a car, a pinball machine, etc. I saw a show where they stopped at a guy's farm who collected buildings! He had a general store, train station,gas station & a White Castle Building! All of which he had moved to his farm. It is amazing what some people collect, I no longer think that only we woodworkers are crazy;)
Dennis

Jeff Monson
05-31-2011, 9:24 AM
I enjoy the show when I happen to watch it. They really have a great knowledge of antiques.

Matt Meiser
05-31-2011, 10:53 AM
That's one of our DVR shows too. It can be wierd, but the stuff they find is cool. They just filmed in the area a few weeks ago--looking forward to seeing those.

Jim Rimmer
05-31-2011, 11:18 AM
I, too, love that show. My wife watches Hoarders which I can't stand but the people these guys encounter are hoarders in their own right.

Side note: Last nights on Antique Roadshow a little boy brought in a Nicholson wooden molding plane that his grandfather gave him - Value $8000.

Jeff Monson
05-31-2011, 11:36 AM
I'll have to admit, those 2 have some guts, to walk up to some of those places??? I know some are called ahead, but some of the "freestyle" places you would not catch me knocking on the door! Its really amazing though, how nice most of the people turn out to be in retrospect to their appearance.

Belinda Barfield
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM
I'll have to admit, those 2 have some guts, to walk up to some of those places??? I know some are called ahead, but some of the "freestyle" places you would not catch me knocking on the door! Its really amazing though, how nice most of the people turn out to be in retrospect to their appearance.

I think it would be pretty entertaning to see how many times they are met with shotgun.:eek:

Jim Rimmer
05-31-2011, 2:11 PM
I think it would be pretty entertaning to see how many times they are met with shotgun.:eek:

They have shown a few clips of being told to get lost; you're bothering me; leave me alone, etc as well as having their flier wadded up and thrown at them and the door slammed in their face.

Russ Filtz
05-31-2011, 7:33 PM
Watch them every now and then, but the need new writers (or just get some!). All their one liners/zingers have gotten old. It's the same discussion over and over each time. Overall I like Pawn Stars better.

1. Broke the ice

2. Game On

3. Passionate about it

4. I'm gonna pop on this

5. Pull the trigger

6. Farm fresh

7. Free stylin'

8. Large and in charge

9. Got the rock star treatment

10. We need some meat left on the bone

Bill Cunningham
05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
We have a "Canadian Pickers" show up here as well..