PDA

View Full Version : Any Grilled Chicken recipes

Dave Lehnert
05-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Would like to try chicken on the grill. Looking for recipes for bone in chicken. Wings, legs, & Brest

bob svoboda
05-31-2011, 9:19 AM
Lightly oil chicken pieces, add seasoning (salt and pepper works fine), place on grill bone side down (turning not needed), indirect, medium heat (375 or so), place cover on grill and cook for about 1 1/4 hrs. BBQ sauce if desired last 15 minutes. Never fails for me.

Rod Sheridan
05-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Cook chicken on indirect medium heat until almost cooked.

Score skin, apply Jerk sauce, continue cooking until done.

Serve with ginger beer, rice and peas................Regards, Rod.

Joe Angrisani
05-31-2011, 10:42 AM
.....place on grill bone side down (turning not needed), indirect, medium heat (375 or so), place cover on grill and cook for about 1 1/4 hrs....

Wow. 375 for an hour and fifteen minutes?? That's gonna be some well-done bird.

I'd season to your liking and brown the bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts over the coals (about 10 minutes of paying attention and turning regularly, no cover). Then move them to the cool side of the grill, skin side down, with the thick part of the breast toward the heat. Cover the grill and leave them there until the thick part is 150 degrees (about 20-25 minutes more). Put sauce on them if desired and place them bone side down over the coals for about 5 minutes (no cover). Brush the skin side and flip em so the skin side browns last (about 3-4 more minutes, no cover). LET REST 5 minutes and eat.

You can make a sauce from just about anything YOU like. Orange juice, orange zest, molasses and shallots is pretty good. I also like tequila, lime juice and cilantro as a marinade, then just grill without basting. Soy sauce, ginger, garlic and a little sugar is pretty good, too, for a second sauce/glaze approach.

Dave Gaul
05-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I like to make my own BBQ sauce, with lots of HEAT! There are tons of recipes to get you started.

Making your own spice blend as a rub is always great too.

My favorite marinade is a ginger-rum based one. Ginger, Rum, Pineapple Juice, Soy Sauce, Garlic and Cayenne Pepper, I prefer not to, but you can add brown sugar to sweeten if you like...

Michael Mills
05-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Mine is fairly simple. Zesty Italian dressing (marinate for a while if you wish), fresh course ground black pepper to taste on top, and most importantly basil shaken on top.

A good source for almost anything is http://allrecipes.com/ (http://allrecipes.com/)
You can see how many people tried it (or tried it and responded) and their rating. The Chicken Andoulille Gumbo is a killer if you like gumbo. I substitute venison sausage for the andoulille. I make about three gallons at the time.:D:D

Tim Livingston
05-31-2011, 4:27 PM
Soaked Chicken:
1/2 Cup of cooking oil
1 Cup of Cider Vinegar
3 Tablespoon Salt
3/4 Teaspoon Pepper
3 Teaspoons Bells Poultry seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon sage
2 Eggs well beaten

This amount is good for 6-8 pieces so double or triple for more chicken. Get some good fresh chicken and soak it in this mixture for 48-72 hours. The best tasting way to cook it is on charcoal or wood but I usually do it on my gas grill and it's still good. I have gotten to cutting back on the amount of salt also to 1 or 2 tablespoons. This was one of my mothers summer time specialties.

Dave Lehnert
05-31-2011, 5:48 PM
All sounds good. Thanks for the help.

ray hampton
05-31-2011, 6:54 PM
the easy way is to drive to your local KY FRIED Chicken and buy the grilled chicken

Neal Clayton
05-31-2011, 7:33 PM
Mine is fairly simple. Zesty Italian dressing (marinate for a while if you wish), fresh course ground black pepper to taste on top, and most importantly basil shaken on top.

A good source for almost anything is http://allrecipes.com/ (http://allrecipes.com/)
You can see how many people tried it (or tried it and responded) and their rating. The Chicken Andoulille Gumbo is a killer if you like gumbo. I substitute venison sausage for the andoulille. I make about three gallons at the time.:D:D

i do the same thing. italian salad dressing on meat is quick/simple and italian dressing is so oily that it cooks ok.

our secrets are out!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-31-2011, 7:47 PM
That zesty Italian dressing works well on kabobs too! We make them up the night before...put them in a liquid tite container. Then they get placed in the refrigerator and every hour or two.....who ever happens into the kitchen, flips the container over.

Larry Frank
05-31-2011, 8:07 PM
Another vote for the Italian dressing. I have tried almost all of the salad dressings and some are pretty good and some are in the category to not try again. I was really pleased with the red wine vinegar dressing for the chicken.

I also use a good meat thermometer to make certain it is not over done and not underdone.

I recently read that the FDA has come out with new guidelines for pork and all cuts of meat. They are saying that it is cooked enough at 145°F and should sit for 3 minutes after you reach that temperature even off the grill. I will have to do some experimentation with pork and see how it comes out and hopefully it will be not as dried out.

It is time to get my smoker out and start whipping up some smoked ribs. It is a lot of work but it is so worth it.

Now, does anyone have some good hamburger recipes?

Tim Morton
05-31-2011, 8:37 PM
here is a great rub...works on all things MEAT....

http://www.tomeischensales.com/?page_id=55

Dave Lehnert
05-31-2011, 11:01 PM
the easy way is to drive to your local KY FRIED Chicken and buy the grilled chicken

Funny, That's what got me thinking about chicken on the grill. I am not a huge KFC fan but the grilled chicken is very good.

Dave Lehnert
05-31-2011, 11:04 PM
I have a friend of a friend who over the weekend did a pig roast. He does that sort of thing for hire. He cooked pork with the new FDA guidelines and it was very good and moist. IMHO.

ray hampton
06-01-2011, 1:06 PM
I have a friend of a friend who over the weekend did a pig roast. He does that sort of thing for hire. He cooked pork with the new FDA guidelines and it was very good and moist. IMHO.

do the name of a friend of a friend happen to be Dave by any charge

ray hampton
06-01-2011, 1:08 PM
Funny, That's what got me thinking about chicken on the grill. I am not a huge KFC fan but the grilled chicken is very good.
Dave are not talking about his body weight

denis tuomey
06-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I like to coat thighs (after rinseing off and pat dry w/paper towels) with Woodys marinateing sauce, put the thighs in a big zip lock and add enough sauce to coat them, can work the sauce all over them thru the bag, can leave in bag a couple hrs. or over nite, alternating sides occasionally. Get a good fire going in the weber with Mesquite or can use hardwood charcol and add some soaked mesquite or hickory, place on grill, skin side up indirect heat w/a drip pan of foil in the center, cover, leave all vents wide open, temp runs about 400-450, in about 1 hr. when you smell them they are about ready, give em about 15-20 more minutes, the skins will blacken up and be crispy, the meat moist and tender and tasty.