PDA

View Full Version : vector cutting stops at corners

Kasey Maxwell
05-30-2011, 9:32 PM
I have been playing with the laser buzz files and having lots of fun with it, but I have noticed that on some cuts the laser x & y stops while the laser still scorches in that spot then to finally continue to travel, I doubt its the buzz files themselves, why would it do this, I have copied out one cut section and put it in a new window in corel and sent it to the machine with no power and it still stops in the same place, can I post a single line section from the buzz files here so someone can test it on there machine ? it was the beretta I got from this site.

Thanks

Bruce Volden
05-30-2011, 9:54 PM
Kasey, is it for certain a "stop"? How long? I ask this because on some files, when the vector lines are connected, the machine is actually still doing it's thing and is just changing direction. I had "troubles" years ago when learning inlay work. Imagine the letter "V" as a vector cut file with sharp angles--the laser cuts down one angle and up the other while running at the set power. Now imagine the same letter converted to curves and the node at the transition broken--this makes the machine cut 2 seperate lines resulting in a sharp angle. This makes a big difference for inlay work and is more desirable. I don't know your application---just throwing things out there.

Bruce

Kasey Maxwell
05-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Kasey, is it for certain a "stop"? How long? I ask this because on some files, when the vector lines are connected, the machine is actually still doing it's thing and is just changing direction. I had "troubles" years ago when learning inlay work. Imagine the letter "V" as a vector cut file with sharp angles--the laser cuts down one angle and up the other while running at the set power. Now imagine the same letter converted to curves and the node at the transition broken--this makes the machine cut 2 seperate lines resulting in a sharp angle. This makes a big difference for inlay work and is more desirable. I don't know your application---just throwing things out there.

Bruce

id say it stops in one spot for 2 maybe 3 seconds with the laser still going, I can see the wood getting brighter and brighter as it sits there, then it will continue, I drew a line about the same size and tested it and it worked just fine, I attached a file so hopefully someone can tell me what the difference between the 2 lines are or if it's just my machine. it stops from top to bottom at the 1st corner, down, stop, continue to right.

Thanks

John Noell
05-30-2011, 11:48 PM
I have had that happen a few times. The "fix" for me was to shut everythig down and start over - reboot computer, reboot laser. Nothing else seemed to work but that did. Scared me half to death to see the laser beam stuck on sitting in one place, then take off again. This has happened on files that worked fine previously and thereafter.

Kasey Maxwell
05-31-2011, 4:31 AM
I should note I was using 50 speed at the time :)

Mike Null
05-31-2011, 6:16 AM
Kasey

I believe the drawing is at fault. Take a look at the enlarged version of the Buzz drawing and notice that it's not a straight line but a stepped line. Your line, though done in cmyk, is straight.

This line is only about a 1/4" long so you can see the reason for the hesitation in the cutting. The view is in simple wireframe.

Mike Chance in Iowa
05-31-2011, 7:54 PM
I have also seen this problem when there are anywhere from 2 or more nodes all nestled within the same area. This happens sometimes when converting files or using trace progams. With the node Shape Tool selected, click and drag to select the node in that "bad area" and then look in your status bar at the bottom of the window and see how many nodes are selected in the "Selected Node:" section. If you have more then 1 node selected, zoom in as high as you need - 6000% - 200000% and take a close look and you'll see a bunch of nodes and delete the necessary extras. (Note: You will only visually see 1 selected node at low zooms even if multiples are selected.)

Here's an example for you