PDA

View Full Version : OK, I've gone and done it

Scott Coffelt
02-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Just placed an order on Uncle Bob's site for the OF1400 and the CDD and eccentric chuck. I guess the $69 Ridgid drill is going back now that I just bought another. Decided I could really use the eccentric chuck on the cabinet build. Quick, hide it from my wife. Of course, I have been making room in the shop lately for these additions. Pic police will get offical shots when the packages arrive, cheating if I steal them from Uncle Bob's site.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Congrats on the new toys, I mean tools. I'd bet that the eccentric Check would be nice!

Keith Christopher
02-08-2005, 12:01 PM
You know there is an interesting obsession with Festool around here. :) I'm beginning to think it's a borg type takeover. heheh well I would if they weren't such darn good tools.

Scott Coffelt
02-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Correction, that's the TDD not CDD. I went with the special priced one and bought the extra chuck.

Chris Padilla
02-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Very nice, Scott. Festool is a wonderful tool maker and the eccentric chuck is simply awesome...it has allowed me to drive screws straight where otherwise impossible without the offset.

I also like the smaller size of the CDD. You should look into getting the Centrotec chuck as well...nice and compact on an already compact drill.

JayStPeter
02-08-2005, 4:14 PM
I just got the 1400. I think you'll like it.

Jay

Frank Pellow
02-08-2005, 4:23 PM
Congratulations! No doubt, you have bought two good tools.

I just started using my Festool drill (TDK) late last week and I realy like it. I have already used the eccentric chuck at leat a dozon times and the right angled chuck a couple of times.

I will be ordering the 1400 router once I decide whether or not to buy the MFS Routing Template along with it. I hope that someone reviews that template soon so that I can find out just what it does and does not do.