PDA

View Full Version : epilog driver color sorting

Kasey Maxwell
05-29-2011, 8:18 PM
Hi, I have been playing with the color settings with the laserbuzz files and it seems that colors in the files of red and blue are rgb but the black is cmyk therefore when i use the color mapping in the epilog driver it ignores the black and goes to the default cut properties for black thus throwing the order out of whack, is there a way to either convert all the black lines in the buzz files to rgb or is there a way to get the epilog driver to notice cmyk ?

I was hoping corel had a convert when opened feature but I'm not seeing it :confused:

Thanks

Mike Chance in Iowa
05-29-2011, 8:57 PM
You can replace colors. Open the file, Edit, Find and Replace, Replace Objects, Replace a Color, Find a Color and select Other to input the CMYK colors, Replace a Color and select the RGB Black. Determine if it's a Fill or Outline you want to replace and Finish. You can then decide if you want to find each individual "next" item or all of them and replace them.

Kasey Maxwell
05-29-2011, 9:01 PM
OMG, your a lifesaver ! ! I never had to use the find option, usually just draw :) nice to know !

Thank you !

shawn zumbrum
05-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Kasey

my epilog will not run in rgb i had to set colors to cmyk colors but left the dash borad in rgb colors dont know y that is
called epilog they went hummmm we dont know why that is

David Fairfield
05-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Epilog runs in rgb, I only use rgb, to keep things simpler. Check your color numbers, make sure the numerical values for each color on the graphics match the values in the driver. If they are not exactly matching, they will print as greyscale.

Kasey Maxwell
05-30-2011, 4:12 PM
took me a while to catch on to that, cmyk is so similar to rgb, honestly i don't understand it, black is black to me but the system sees it differently i guess.........

Bill Cunningham
05-31-2011, 9:06 PM
CMYK is reflective color i.e. printed material uses CMYK so the colour you see on printed material is the result of the eye seeing the colour reflected back to it.. RGB is used on monitors that transmit the light to your eye.. Many colours that can be seen on the screen, will look quite different if output to CMYK and Vice versa..
You can also get into 'spot' colours, of which some can not be reproduced in either RGB or CMYK. Here is a link to a good article that will explain colour modes and differences.
RGB Versus CMYK (http://www.printernational.org/rgb-versus-cmyk.php)