PDA

View Full Version : If georgia o'keefe had been a woodworker

Michelle Rich
05-29-2011, 5:56 PM
I have been very busy trying to get my next winter's firewood, cut split & stacked. But had a few rainy days and got this made. Bleached maple. Reminded me so much of Georgia o'keefe's desert paintings, I just had to give her the title!;)

Steve Schlumpf
05-29-2011, 7:05 PM
Very impressive! I can see the flower reference to Georgia O'Keefe - if that is what you mean. Really like how this is not round and how the center mirrors the outside curve! How large is this? - because I see this as a wall hanging type piece of art! Thanks for sharing!

David E Keller
05-29-2011, 7:11 PM
Very cool! I love the outer shape that you chose, and the bleaching really adds something. Another winner!

John Keeton
05-29-2011, 7:34 PM
From the looks of the firewood, I am guessing this piece at about 10" or so - how close am I??

Michelle, this one has a very peaceful effect on me - really a nice one. What is the center?

Nate Davey
05-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Wonderfully done, Michelle. Your eye, read vision, for art is lightyears beyond me level of imagination.

Baxter Smith
05-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Very nice Michele. It has a very soft and natural feel/look to it.

Scott Hackler
05-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Really nice work, Michelle. This wouldn't be as nice if you wouldn't have bleached it, IMO. I like this one a lot.

robert raess
05-30-2011, 1:18 AM
Very nice flutes,what is the center made of?..Nice Job!..Rob

Michelle Rich
05-30-2011, 6:41 AM
Thanks ya'll. Steve: I guess I got too artsy here.:confused:
Georgia lived in a desert and her backgrounds were sand/tan/bleached bones. Her flowers had color. I live in woods. My background has color. My flower was bleached. Too obscure? :-) Artists are certifiable, yes? We make odd thinking sound reasonable!!!:D
John: size was about 9 inches when I started. The center material is a leftover of a human engineered wood product. I can't remember the name of it.