PDA

View Full Version : Remote Stop Switch 3520

Larry Marley
05-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Most of my turnings are 9" in Diameter or less, and most are segmented so they are stable and balanced to start with. I wanted a remote stop switch, just never dedicated any time to make one until I turned a commissioned piece that measured 22" in diameter and 21" in height. This left me a long way from the stop switch and convinced me that it is time to get this done. So, after my usual Sawmill Creek research this is what I did.

I used the same $5 paddle switch from Grizzly that many have used, but I wanted to be able to easily remove it. Since the stop circuit is low voltage DC. I opted for a 1/4" phono plug with a normally closed jack. This way, I can just unplug it and the circuit works as usual. Here are the pics.

Steve Schlumpf
05-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Looks like it will work pretty good! Always nice to see variations to a central theme! Looking forward to seeing the 20+ inch turning!

Larry Marley
05-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I would love to show the turning. I signed a non-disclosure, so I can't go into any detail until later. Possibly in July.

Greg Ketell
05-29-2011, 12:57 PM
I really like the idea of a removable movable stop switch! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea.

Thanks for sharing!!

Steve Schlumpf
05-29-2011, 2:33 PM
Well that's cool! Adding a little mystery to the project works for me! Looking forward to seeing it... someday!