PDA

View Full Version : EZ Flex Hose Dust Collection hose

Brett Hoffman
05-29-2011, 1:41 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the EZ Flex Hose at Peachtree Woodworking Supply? You can find it at the top of page here: http://www.ptreeusa.com/dusthose.htm

I have a small garage shop and it seems that if it can go from 4' to 28' it would make it easy to store. With the price tag at $65, it's not something you buy and then find out later it sucks.

Jim Sears
05-29-2011, 8:04 AM
A buddy of mine bought some of this high end DC hose from Peachtree. I don't know if it's the same stuff or not, but what he got was VERY nice hose. It's extremely flexible and almost perfectly clear so you can see through it easily if there is a clog. He bought his one time when they had a sale. He got a 50' piece that sold for about what they want for the 28' piece that you are looking at. But Like I say. It was on sale at the time. The whole 50' piece came in a box no more than 4' long. I wouldn't hesitate on buying and using this hose.

Jim

Erik France
05-29-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't have experience with the EZ Flex, but I have been using the 4" dia 3' Dust Right hose from Rockler for a couple years now. The EZ Flex appears to be extremely similar to the Dust Right. It is pricey, but the small stored footprint and length make it well worth it in my tiny shop. I built a holder for it on my Jet DC650 collector. I also use the Dust Right handle and a few connectors. Don't waste the money on Rocklers wall hanger it's just a metal wire frame with a couple magnets.

Putting a 4" swivel connector at the top end of the hose will really help, especially when storing it. It's kind of like handling a 20' slinky. I haven't tried one, but I hear the 4" to 2-1/2" fitting is restrictive. The Dust right bench nozzle is pretty good. I use mine quite a bit.

john bettler
05-29-2011, 8:07 PM
I have the 4" dia. 4'-28' hose from Rockler and have found it to be a quality product so far, I use it exclusively as a floor sweep. It returns back to its original length easily, especially if you leave the dust collector running. It reminds me of a giant slinky. My only reservation is how long it will last dragging it around on my shop floor as it is rather heavy.

Stew Hagerty
06-01-2011, 2:03 PM
+1 on the Rocker Dust Right. I've had it for a while now and really like that the hose returns to a very short length instead of laying all over the shop. I use the handle & tools as well. When I'm done I plug the handle into one of their "docking ports" before I turn off my DC and it sucks the hose up tight. I have looked at the Peachtree hose you are referring to as well as their "EZ Sweep" system, and think they are both very similar to the Rockler products. In fact the hose may very well be exactly the same. If they are indeed the same, then I am a big fan.

Brett Hoffman
06-01-2011, 2:16 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

I ordered the Peachtree "EZ Sweet", I guess I'll find out if it's any good in a few days.

Brett Hoffman
06-02-2011, 8:15 PM
Just in case anyone cares, I got the hose from Peachtree. It seems like a pretty nice hose. Not sure if it's like Rockler Dust Right, but I like the Peachtree one.