PDA

View Full Version : a loss,,,,,

curtis rosche
05-28-2011, 3:53 PM
Scotch didnt make any improvement at all. he could walk and couldnt sit up. and he would only eat a little. the vet said he was at the end. 14 years he was and will always be the best dog i have ever known. always came to you. always knew when something was wrong or when you were happy. always knew the right person and the right way to beg for food from the table. about an hour ago the decision was made to lay him to rest......

he will be greatly missed

Craig D Peltier
05-28-2011, 3:57 PM
Sorry for your loss, time will heal.

curtis rosche
05-28-2011, 5:10 PM
if someone who can laser engrave or etch stone could please message me, that would be grealty appreciated

those three feet are the hardest to dig......

Steve Schlumpf
05-28-2011, 5:36 PM
Curtis - I am so sorry to hear of your loss... you were lucky to have such a friend and I am sure your memories will last your entire life!

Bruce Page
05-28-2011, 5:46 PM
Curtis, we become so attached to our pets that they become part of our family.
Scotch can never be replaced, but in time another will steal your heart. This, I know from experience.

Jim O'Dell
05-28-2011, 7:57 PM
Yes, it does leave a hole in your heart that nothing will plug. Others will come and leave their own holes, though slightly different shapes. In the end, we just feel very fortunate that God has allowed us to be loved by these creatures for the short time we get to have them. May the Shamrocks fall softly.... Jim.

Larry Frank
05-28-2011, 8:50 PM
They "leave paw prints on our hearts".....

Joe Angrisani
05-29-2011, 7:41 AM
Sorry to hear about Scotch. They do get inside us, eh? I found this poem when my One Dog died years ago. There have since been two more pups, but HE was my bestest dog.

So this is where we part, My Friend,
And you'll run on around the bend.
Gone from sight but not from mind,
New pleasures there you'll surely find.

One long embrace before you leave.
Share one last look before I grieve.
I will go on. I'll find the strength.
Life measures quality, not it's length.

There will be others, that much is true,
But they are they, and they aren't you.
And I, the master, or so I thought,
Remember well all that you taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed.
The fur I stroked. The nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your rest,
Take with you this....I loved you best.

Belinda Barfield
05-29-2011, 7:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Scotch. If you don't hear from anyone in your area on the Engravers Form PM me and I'll be happy to work with you on an engraved memorial for Scotch.

shawn zumbrum
05-29-2011, 9:10 AM
Curtis
Sorry for your loss. I know how much a pup can mean I have one my self. I am about an hour south west of you in Glen Rock Pa. It would be geat to work with you on a memorial for Scotch PM me and I will give you my number.

Tim Livingston
05-29-2011, 2:55 PM
I've had three Goldens in my life, the first two each live to be 13 year old. My second was by far the best dog, she would set on the deck and watch deer 15 foot away under the apple tree and never chase them. I could leave her home for 20 hours and never came home to a mess. At the end of our driveway was a 55 mph road I would tell her to sit and I would walk across the road to get the mail out of the box and never had to worry about her trying to follow me.

My currently Golden is 9 1/2 years old and she has had trouble lately with eating and doing the number 2. They found a mass around her bowel with xray so they went in to check it out and just told us she is full of tumors and that she probably doesn't have long. I know your pain and unfortunantly I am getting ready to deal with it too.

Rest in Peace Scotch

bob svoboda
05-29-2011, 3:21 PM
It's always devestating to lose a good friend. Sorry for your loss.

Rod Sheridan
05-29-2011, 9:11 PM
Hi Curtis. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, and so happy that you were able to enjoy such a friendship...............Best Wishes, Rod.

Dennis Peacock
05-29-2011, 9:51 PM
Curtis,
I'm very sorry for your loss of Scotch. I understand your pain as I lost my "Lucy" just 18 months ago and I still miss her today.

Bill ThompsonNM
05-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Curtis, I'm a veterinarian and see these losses every week and they don't get any easier. Just remember that there are lots of us who understand your pain and grief. It doesn't make it hurt less but we all would like to provide some measure of solace for only time dulls the pain. May your wonderful dog rest in Peace for they offer us so much and ask so little.

curtis rosche
05-30-2011, 10:00 PM
thanks for all the kind words. life goes on,, it just sucks that he had to go. his best buddy, a cat named shaazam died at the begining of this month too. the two of them grew up together. he was a golden retreiver mut and shaazam was the runt of the litter barn cat. the two of them were perfect together the cat would clean the dogs ears and the dog would clean the cat. now the house just feels empty. but with all thats going on with my stepdad and everything else around here there is no way we are getting another animal