PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the tips!

Gary and Jessica Houghton
05-27-2011, 2:01 PM
Thank you for your tips and contributions to the creek. I recently tried some rub-n-buff because of the comments I have read. (I am no way affiliated with the product, and only learned about it through other creekers)

Rub-N-Buff - Wow! what a difference this makes. I have been a member of the creek for a few years now and have heard everyone comment on this. I knew I wanted to try it, but had a heck of a time locating it. After many attempts we finally got some. I was mildly impressed with the effects it has on the glass until I wanted to play!

A customer purchased a clock and let me try a graphic on the back and etch the front with the special words she wanted. The initial result was great, but the words on the front got a little lost with the graphic on the back. I used some rub-n-buff and VOILA! The end result was just like I imagined; beautiful. The picture is kind of hard to get the full affect, but I wanted to share.

Most of all, I wanted to thank all of you for sharing and inspiring those of us who knew nothing about this!

Thank you!

Gary Hair
05-27-2011, 2:17 PM
Very nice!

John Noell
05-27-2011, 4:49 PM
We have been using RnB for filling coconut shell name tags for years now. However, Mike Null's comments have us trying the Synta Precious Metals Acrylic paint. Even easier to use! (However. we have yet to find the right color to replace the Antique Gold RnB our customers like.) BTW, the Mr. Art prices for RnB were the best we found.