Martin Rock
05-26-2011, 9:15 PM
Hi all

Anyone have any experience with these blade guide

There are on a general 390 year 1982

195983http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/misc/pencil.png

David Thompson 27577
05-27-2011, 8:16 AM
Looks like they'll guide the blade about as well as any other design.......

Gotta wonder why the plexi guard is there though -- I mean a bandsaw's blade is exposed based on the height of the guides anyway.

And when any feature of a product leaves me wondering, I wonder about the rest of the product too.

glenn bradley
05-27-2011, 8:20 AM
Just a variation on block glides. The plexiglass looks like it just provides a guard that can be moved out of the way to give easier access for guide setting / blade changes. I kinda like it.

Martin Rock
05-27-2011, 1:10 PM
yeah if I purchase this saw, the plexi class will come out. I am not afraid of the quality of the saw. It is a general 390 1982 in close to new condition. Every part of this machine is built for life, even the bearing. What I like about this guard setup is that you can bring the guide very close to the work, you can actually touch your work with it. I don`t see why this setup is not more popular

Martin

Lee Schierer
05-27-2011, 1:45 PM
Gotta wonder why the plexi guard is there though -- I mean a bandsaw's blade is exposed based on the height of the guides anyway.

And when any feature of a product leaves me wondering, I wonder about the rest of the product too.

The guard and upper blade guide on a bandsaw are supposed to be lowered so it is just above the work piece (although most of us don't do that) to keep your hands/fingers from the blade. The plexiglass would let you see your cut line with the guard lowered to just about the surface height.