PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning table

Neil Pabia
05-26-2011, 1:05 PM
What is the best way to clean all the residue off the honeycomb table? I have tried Simple Green and paper towels, but that doesn't seem to be the way. My wife will freak out again if I try to use the bathtub for it or burn it clean in the oven. She is barely over when I used her "best" pot for dewaxing all sorts of wood blanks.

Gary Hair
05-26-2011, 1:14 PM
KrudKutter and a pressure washer work really well. I think it was Mike Null that suggested KrudKutter to me. I found it in a gallon can at Home Depot.

Gary

Dan Hintz
05-26-2011, 1:25 PM
Second on the KK recommendation. Be careful with the power washer that you don't get too close as you can bend the fins over.

Chuck Stone
05-26-2011, 1:28 PM
the KrudKutter is fine, but you don't need the pressure washer...
.. you have students!

Mike Null
05-26-2011, 1:45 PM
I just use a garden hose with KK.

Don't even think about putting it in the oven.

Gary Hair
05-26-2011, 4:39 PM
I just use a garden hose with KK.

Don't even think about putting it in the oven.

My oven isn't that big!

Dee Gallo
05-26-2011, 6:00 PM
KrudKutter - spray on, let sit and it rinses right off. If you really want to, use a brush on it, but most of the stuff will just dissolve.

Bill Cunningham
05-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Will it fit in a dishwasher? They do a great job of cleaning cosmoline off old gunstocks, and the hot water even raises any dents in the wood..
Shhhhh..keep it quiet... my wife is approaching:eek:

Neil Pabia
05-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Will it fit in a dishwasher? They do a great job of cleaning cosmoline off old gunstocks, and the hot water even raises any dents in the wood..
Shhhhh..keep it quiet... my wife is approaching:eek:
A fifty five gallon drum with gasoline will remove cosmoline quickly, but at todays prices, the dishwasher might not be a bad idea(I'll tell my wife you told me to do it).:D;)

Neil Pabia
06-02-2011, 8:34 AM
The Krud Kutter and a hose worked miracles on this table. Thanks for the tips.

Liesl Dexheimer
06-02-2011, 4:07 PM
Never heard of Krud Kutter, guess I will have to try that next time. I used Industrial Strength Purple Zep. There's an article from Epilog on cleaning vector grids that you can read here: http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_clean_vector_grid.htm