PDA

View Full Version : Table saw pics

Thomas Prondzinski
02-07-2005, 9:07 PM
Here are some pics of my Jet Cabinet saw,with the dual throat plates. When I bought the machine upon unpacking it I noticed porosity in the t-slot area,so I called Jet about it along with the bad fence .They replaced the fence and asked if I would take monetary settlement for it other than a new table,the price was good so I took them up on it. A few days later the fence arrive along with a new table top, so not knowing what to do with it I decided to install it next to the original top. works great. Just installed the Board Buddies and they are great for sheet cutting. I ripped 7 sheets of melamine with them.

Thanks for looking Tom

Jim Becker
02-07-2005, 11:00 PM
A nice convenient storage solution for your non-zero clearance insert!! :D And I suspect that saw isn't moving anywhere unassisted by a few very brawny people...

Jerry Olexa
02-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Good way to make something good out of something bad. Great adapting AND good response by Jet!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-08-2005, 8:21 AM
That looks like you got the best of both worlds! Looks a little strange, but I am sure it is stable!

Maurice Ungaro
02-08-2005, 8:39 AM
All you need now is a spare motor/cabinet/combo, and you can dedicate the right side to the dado blade. Think ofthe time saved switching out blades!!!

Maurice

Ted Shrader
02-08-2005, 9:13 AM
Tom -

That certainly adds a lot of mass to the beast.

Ted

Byron Trantham
02-08-2005, 9:16 AM
Tom,
A quoter from the 60s - "Heavy, man heavy!" :D

Nice use of "spare parts". I call that "thinking ouside the box". ;)

Keith Christopher
02-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Or better yet, get someone with a torch and cutout for a router plate and mount a router under there ! be the first cast iron router table I've ever seen. (I'm sure they're out there). But man oh man, that beats prolly weighs a metric ton !

Dave Richards
02-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Tom, that's pretty cool. I think one of these days my bride is going to have to go shopping over by you. Maybe I'll have to dump her at he mall and come visit your shop. I can then say I've seen a double-throat plate cabinet saw in person. :D