PDA

View Full Version : Flat Bed Printer

George M. Perzel
05-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi;
Does anyone know where to find a small flatbed printer that will print on material up to 1 inch thick? Thanks
Best Regards;
George
Laserarts

Rodne Gold
05-26-2011, 10:37 AM
George, I had a Busjet http://www.bus-jet.com/ that was based on an Epson 1290 inkjet printer that printed on anything a3 size up to 4" thick , bricks , wood , irregular surfaces etc, When it worked it was good , but it was a very expensive machine and had big problems with heads clogging , ink feed systems etc. I would NEVER recommend that type of machine to anyone EVER....
What you really need is a uv printer , especially cos they can print white and can print on most items without coatings etc , but they too aren't cheap and you would have to get mich bigger one than a4 or a3.

Dane Fuller
05-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I've got a boat anchor out back that is based on the same Epson that Rodney mentioned he had. I echo what he said about it. I have no experience with the UV printers though.

Martin Boekers
05-27-2011, 3:57 PM
I was a fan of Epson in my younger days, I'll never own another piece of their equipment.
The 1400 made me swear at and off their products!

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
05-28-2011, 12:41 AM
I too had Nicejet from Korea, it was not upto the mark due to consistent head clogging, ink failure etc.,

As far i know, head clogging will be there, if you are not consistently using your printer

Regards,
Saravana kumar

Alexa Ristow
05-28-2011, 3:55 AM
Hi George,

Google " Mimaki UJF 3042"
Saw it in action at a trade show and was very impressive. UV as Rodney suggested.

NO affiliation in any way..........

Cheers,
Alexa

Rodne Gold
05-28-2011, 4:38 AM
The head clogging is cos they use an ecosol ink (mild solvent ink) with print heads that are not meant for it , my Roland large format print and cut uses the right heads and has been running like a dream for many many years. With those busjet/nicejet machines , even if you printed a page or 2 every day , there was no guarantee that next morning it would work..Pity as it was a stunning machine , we got amazing results on anodised aluminium , perspex , wood etc.. even if the substrate wasnt ink receptive , we just used to give it a light misting of artists fixative to make it accept the ink. Was a much better system in results than dye sub..very vibrant colours and great clarity.