PDA

View Full Version : Ipad engravings

greg lindsey
05-25-2011, 11:59 AM
It has been a busy week around here and am finally glad to report the finishing of the 900 Ipads and 900 cases. I am so glad to get these out of my shop, Sometimes when you think about an engraving job, at least me, I am thinking about the actual run times and little about the task of unboxing and reboxing a job of this size and the shear amount of room that this many boxes consumes. Not to mention the sleepless nights worring about having about a half million dollars of product sitting here. Now that it's shipped, maybe I can get some well deserved sleep.

Mike Null
05-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Nice order! I'm working on a similar job with respect to unpacking and repacking sets of cookware. I refused the job if I had to unpack and repack the complete sets and arranged with the customer to just send the lids which were the item to be marked. We have now completed about 600 with 200 more to go.

My Purdue engineering student is running the whole job so it turned out to be a great deal.

Dan Hintz
05-25-2011, 1:03 PM
My Purdue engineering student is running the whole job so it turned out to be a great deal.
Thumbs up to a fellow Boilermaker... :)

Martin Boekers
05-25-2011, 1:27 PM

Giving him a life lesson on his future without a degree?:D

Just kidding, nice work on both ends!!!

Greg, I hope you had a signed disclaimer about loss, damage or theft.
That's alotttttttttt of product!

If you didn't get hurt on this job, maybe they should have had 901 pieces
the extra going to you.

How did you keep that secret until they were gone?

Marty

greg lindsey
05-25-2011, 1:54 PM
Giving him a life lesson on his future without a degree?:D

Just kidding, nice work on both ends!!!

Greg, I hope you had a signed disclaimer about loss, damage or theft.
That's alotttttttttt of product!

If you didn't get hurt on this job, maybe they should have had 901 pieces

the extra going to you.

How did you keep that secret until they were gone?

Marty

My customer was self insured on the job and we had a written disclaimer that held me only liable for any mis-engravings, luckly it was a 100% no mistakes. They sent 903 pcs with the extra three as a bonus if there were no mistakes. :) . Keeping it quite was easy- tell no one!. No I didnt get hurt in the job, even with unpacking and re.