PDA

View Full Version : Homemade articulating hollowing tool

Raymond Sprouse
05-24-2011, 4:26 PM
I have many free plans for woodturning jigs, but this is my newest. It is cheap to build and works very well. The plans for building this are on my site. Find it in my profile or pm me and I'll send it to you. Please feel free to build your own.

Mark Hazelden
05-24-2011, 7:28 PM
Thank you for the plans. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who enjoys making tools.

Raymond Sprouse
05-26-2011, 6:24 AM
Thanks Mark. I do like to make tools when it will save me lots of $$$.

Rich Aldrich
05-27-2011, 3:41 AM
Raymond,

The plans are really nice. Over the next month or so, I plan to make one. Are the bearings brass washers or are they an actual roller bearing of some type.

Dick Wilson
05-27-2011, 4:17 AM
Raymond, I really like the simplicity of your hollowing system. I have a "Jamison" style system that a friend made for me. I made the laser attachment myself. I originally used round bar for the upright and horizontal bar - like yours. After a couple of blow ups I changed to square tubing. With round bar the light will move if brushed against or bumped. I went through the wall. Just a thought.

Raymond Sprouse
05-27-2011, 5:51 AM
Rich, the bearings are roller bearings. They are very small and hard to find. However, if you use larger bolts, you could get larger bearings that might be easier to find.

Dick, I haven't had that problem yet but I'll keep an eye out for it and change to square if need be.