PDA

View Full Version : A Piece for my Sister

Joe Meirhaeghe
05-23-2011, 11:18 PM
This is a piece I made for my sister. She seems to like my work and asked me if I'd make her a piece. She told me the approximate size & colors she would like it to be, so here's what I came up with. I hope see likes it.
It's Hard Maple 11 1/2" tall X 6" dia. it's airbrushed with artist acrylic paints & finished with gloss varnish.

Michael James
05-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Very nice - I love the turquoise and black on the natural wood. If she thinks it's too southwestern, just ship it out my way and make her another one! :D:cool::p

mj (who will be back in your neighborhood sometime before summer ends, I think)

Marty Eargle
05-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Very nice piece! I agree that the black and turquoise go great with that maple...and I really like that there are pretty firm transitions from one to another...not a huge fan of a gradient transition in most cases. My favorite part by far is the black and natural rim. For some reason, it gives me a very ancient feeling about the piece.

I'm sure you're sis will love it.

Baxter Smith
05-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Very neat effect. Has a half wood, half glass look to it. I am sure your sister will love it!

Steve Schlumpf
05-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Joe - you sure have to vase turning stuff all figured out! Beautiful work! Your sister is going to love it!

Robert McGowen
05-24-2011, 3:46 AM
Very nice, Joe. That is quite the finish on the vase.

Michelle Rich
05-24-2011, 6:30 AM
quite creative paint/decoration very appealing. Your sis should love it

John Keeton
05-24-2011, 7:07 AM
Joe, now doubt she will like this one!! You have done some amazing pieces, but this one may be one of my favorites - great work!

John Hart
05-24-2011, 4:12 PM
Wow...I loved it right out of the gate. Something about the color scheme....I dunno...it reminds me of something and I can't place it. A bird maybe? I'll have to think about that. Great form! I really like the whole thing. :)

David E Keller
05-24-2011, 6:20 PM
Pretty cool, Joe. I love the asymmetry of the coloring near the bottom. Bet she loves it.

Gary Conklin
05-24-2011, 9:12 PM
Very nice piece. That blue will really POP when the Maple gets a bit more color.

Joe Meirhaeghe
05-25-2011, 8:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the positive feed back. I haven't got the piece to Sis yet but I'm pretty sure she'll like it.