PDA

View Full Version : Dual table saws side by side

Don Carkhuff
02-07-2005, 2:45 PM
Went to the Woodshow in Chicago over the weekend. One booth had 2 Delta contractors' saws sitting side by side and they both shared the same Delta fence rail. The rail actually clamped them together. With this set-up, you could have perment rip and crosscut blades installed and/or dado/moulding head and combination Forest blade. Both contractor's saws seemed nice with polished cast iron tops and when joined side by side was larger surface area then the cabinet Uni-Saw.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-07-2005, 3:46 PM
Someone in one of the forums did this same thing with two table saws and a router in the extension table! They were not the same model saws, but they adapted the older one to work... Looked like a real sweet system.

As for delta, they just want to sell you another saw!

Jerry Ingraham
02-09-2005, 1:34 PM
That was my tablesaw setup. I married my 1023 and my Craftsman with a narrow router table in between. I then built a full length outfeed table for both. It is large but it works well. I first made sure that the fence aligned with the 1023, then had to slightly shim the Craftsman saw to bring it into alignment. It is not perfect alignment on the Craftsman, but it only toes out at the back side by about 1/64th which, in my opinion is very acceptable. The Craftsman is used solely for dadoes so the variance is perfectly acceptable.
I just built two large cabinet/bookcases and not having to switch dado blades and saw blades was awesome! Here are a couple of pic's: