PDA

View Full Version : New Hollowing System / AAW Symposium

Keith Burns
05-23-2011, 4:11 PM
Most have already figured out that I like turning hollow forms http://woodturnersamerica.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif Well I have been working with Carter Products on a new Hollowing System named the Hollow Roller. I've been using it for awhile now and to put it simply, it works extremely well. It is safe, simple and easy to use. Anyone looking for a hollowing system, beginners and experts alike, should give this serious consideration. I've attached a photo of the first piece I turned with it. The piece is dry ash and was hard as concrete. It measures 6" dia. x 8-5/8" tall. Walls are 1/16" to 1/8". I did not use any tape, saran wrap or anyting else to hold it together while turning. (yes I did wear a faceshield). No sanding or finish has been done, which is obvious.

Now, for those that are interested, on a volunteer basis, I will be Demoing this new system in the Carter Products booth at the Sypmosium in St. Paul so I won't be hard to find http://woodturnersamerica.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif. Would like to meet ya !

Keith E Byrd
05-23-2011, 4:17 PM
That is aawesome - the wood, the shape or lack thereof! Great job!
I won't be attending the symp[osium - where else can we find out more about the Hollow Roller?

John M. Smith
05-23-2011, 4:25 PM
Wheres picture of hollower? You guys are teasers!

David DeCristoforo
05-23-2011, 4:47 PM
"Wheres picture of hollower? You guys are teasers!"

That's just what I said...

Scott Hackler
05-23-2011, 5:07 PM
Oh great. Something else I might "have to" buy at the trade show!

Bill Bolen
05-23-2011, 5:19 PM
Keith you are a big 'ole tease! Where is the pic of the new system?? Great Hf BTW...

Ed Morgano
05-23-2011, 5:20 PM
I want one and I don't even know what it is!!! Or, how much it costs or how long it will take to get one.

charlie knighton
05-23-2011, 5:42 PM
can you put a red balloon from the headstock???? looking forward to seeing hollowing system and meeting you Kieth

Justin Stephen
05-23-2011, 6:16 PM
If we promise to come by and look at the demo even if you post a picture, will you post one? Pwease?

John Hart
05-23-2011, 6:30 PM
I won't be able to make it to the Symposium. Please call my house and arrange for a private viewing at my home. I will provide everything you need...maps...hotel recommendations....where McDonalds is.... :)

Pete Jordan
05-23-2011, 6:37 PM
I can't wait to see it, Keith. I went to the website but did not find it. If you are using it, it must me good!

Tim Thiebaut
05-23-2011, 6:43 PM
Sounds good I would like to see it but wont be going to the AAW, when will you post here so the folks not going can see it?

David E Keller
05-23-2011, 8:41 PM
Why would I want one of those things? You blew a big whole in the side of that piece with it, and I'm currently capable of doing exactly that with my existing tooling. Sheesh.:D

Steve Schlumpf
05-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing you at the symposium!

Baxter Smith
05-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Pretty fragile looking HF! Looking forward to seeing you and the system that created this!

John Keeton
05-24-2011, 6:50 AM
Well, I finally get a chance to meet Keith Burns!! And, see a neat new toy - this symposium gets better by the day and I am not even there yet.