PDA

View Full Version : Found Another Awesome Online Tool Supplier

Tom LaRussa
02-07-2005, 11:43 AM
You guys gotta check this out.

Dude makes beautiful tools.

Be especially sure to check out the bow saws and the gallery page. Both will make you drool.

http://www.chestertoolworks.com/index.htm

Jeff Sudmeier
02-07-2005, 11:58 AM
WOW those are some beautiful tools!! Thanks for the page, it is in my bookmarks.

Wes Bischel
02-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I believe Dave is a member of SMC and one of the moderators. And yes he does some outstanding work.

Wes

Louis Bois
02-07-2005, 12:48 PM
...er...Tom...is this some sort of tongue-in-cheek post? or were you really not aware that Dave makes these tools?!? Look back into SMC's archives for marking knives and you'll see the source of these beautiful tools.

They look like excellent quality tools for a very reasonable price. I've got them on my birthday wishlist...but only time will tell.

Tyler Howell
02-07-2005, 12:56 PM
I have a few CTW tools right next to my LN, & LV treasures:cool: .

I can vouch for the fine quality and workmanship.
Looks from this sight I need to place another order.

Bob Marino
02-07-2005, 1:20 PM
I have the marking knife and it's a gem. Looks like I may need an awl ;)

Bob

Alan Turner
02-07-2005, 2:35 PM
Dave who?
Alan

Tom LaRussa
02-07-2005, 4:46 PM
Dave who?
Alan
Dunno,

Some dude. ;)

Tom LaRussa
02-07-2005, 4:54 PM
...er...Tom...is this some sort of tongue-in-cheek post?
Tongue-in-cheek?

Moi?

Really now Louis, would a serious guy like me do such a thing?

:rolleyes:

But seriously, I hadn't checked Dave's web site for a while, and didn't know he'd finished it. (It was empty last time I checked.) I was happy to see it up and thought I'd share the news with everybody.

Plus, I had never seen his bow saws before.

:)

Jerry Crawford
02-08-2005, 5:39 AM
hmmmm, he has the right price on those saws too. Having made a few I know how much work is in them. I'm personally not fond of that style but they are historically correct and a good value. Beautiful work and use of wood. I'm looking for some killer curly maple right now for another set of these. Maybe I'll go with quilted....

Roy Wall
02-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Warning to Dave Anderson;

be leary of any purchases from that Floridian...........he may begin ELECTROLYSIS the moment he gets them:eek:

Dave Anderson NH
02-08-2005, 12:55 PM
I've not replied to this thread until now in an effort to make a point. Even as a moderator, I can't bend or break the rules for my own benefit in an effort to shill my own website. Obviously though, I'm pleased that some of you have discovered it and enjoyed it. With my computer skill, it was a major hassle for me and what you thought was Aurora Borealis was my language lighting up the sky as I worked learning the software. Things have been more successful than I had hoped, and recently with the website, I've been running to keep up.

I'm OK with Jerry not liking the style of my bowsaws, after all, that's why most things in life come in different styles, shapes, prices, and colors. But he is right on about the amount of work involved in shaping the frame. It just happens that I took a liking to the one at Williamsburg and decided the amount of work was worth the effort. Jerry, if you want some great tiger maple, call or go to the Goosebay Lumber website, that's where I get mine. Not cheap, but great figure.