PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Rob Nusbaum
05-21-2011, 9:47 PM
Hi all
I'm fairly new to SMC; been checking out the forums for a couple months. I am impressed with this site for a couple reasons: 1) there's a wealth of knowledge here, and 2) the responders on the threads are genuinely interested in helping out.
I've enjoyed woodworking for a number of years now, with my favorite tool being the lathe. I like wood. God made a wonderful creation, the tree; and I really appreciate it. Each piece of wood has it's own character, and the creativity of the woodworkers on this site is very impressive.
I'm planning to retire from my day job in the not-too-distant future and hoping to spend more time in the shop. I need to get busy on some more rocking horses and kids furniture (grandchild number 12 is on the way). Along with that, my desire would be to generate some income from the shop, after of course, finishing some projects for LOML.
Thoughts or comments? Anybody in a similar situation?

Bruce Page
05-22-2011, 1:35 AM
Rob, welcome to SMC. I don't have a clue how to make money in the shop but I'm well versed in how to loose it.
Congrats on you're upcoming retirement. I retired 5 months ago and highly recommend it!