PDA

View Full Version : Jointer/planer

paul kuflik
02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Rojek 12" planer/jointer combo? The price is comparable to a 12 " jointer alone. I would love a 12" jointer but am pressed for space. Combining it with a planer makes it easier, even though I would prefer a 15" planer. I currently have a 6" Jet jointer and 12" Delta planer. The Rojek is considerably less expensive than other European combo's I have seen. Are the new spiral head jointers or planers really worth the cost premium? I am new to the forum and enjoy it terrifically. I thank you all very much.

Frank Pellow
02-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I looked into exactly this unit about three months ago and decided against it. My research turned up of folks who were unhappy with the difficulty in getting the machine set up properly, unhappy with the difficulty getting the machine serviced and supported, and unhappy with the size of the infeed and outfeed table. By the way, the same thing applied to a similar Robland combo joiner/planer.

I ended up purchasing an 8" planer and 15" planer (both Delta).

Paul, I see that this is your first posting the Saw Mill Creek. Welcome! :)

Jeff Sudmeier
02-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Paul,

I can't help with the combo, but I do want to welcome you to the Creek. You have joined the best danged Woodworking forum on the net! Good luck in your decision and please enjoy your stay with us!

Jeff

Jim Barrett
02-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Don't know anything about the Rojek machines, several folks here have MM combo J/P. Jim Becker has the 350mm (~14") version and likes it. Big advantage is the tersa knives.

Jim