charlie knighton
05-19-2011, 2:37 PM
Iota

4 h x 5 1/2 w

norfolk island pine

from my Rover series

bob svoboda
05-19-2011, 4:02 PM
Very nice, Charlie. I especially like the way you located the lateral branches to best advantage. I gotta learn to do those legs some day.

Roger Chandler
05-19-2011, 4:24 PM
Charlie...........that thing looks like it is just walking away all on its own! :eek: Very neat! So .........your "Rover" series........do all of them look like they are roving about? :D;)

David DeCristoforo
05-19-2011, 4:43 PM
ARRRG! It's alive!!!!! This is going to give me nightmares! Turnings crabbing across the floor in the night! Noooooo...

charlie knighton
05-19-2011, 8:08 PM
Bob, thanks

I gotta learn to do those legs some day.

i will try to work something up and pm you. i attended Larry Hasiak rotation ABC's of NIP. it was very helpful dealing with the nip. nomally i use maple or cherry.

Roger, thanks

your "Rover" series........do all of them look like they are roving about? :D;)

yes, i have done about 5 of them now. i was trying to do suspended hf when i saw Bill Tilson's First Contact?? . that's where i got the idea

David, sorry about that.

Turnings crabbing across the floor in the night! Noooooo...

when i was a child we would go to the beach with cousins and catch sand crabs, dig wide hole to let them loose and let our cousins small dogs chase them. i mean we would catch 50 or 60. i use to not have nightmares but think i could hear them on the tile floor at night with the ocean in the backgound.

Dan Forman
05-19-2011, 10:00 PM
I like it!! Dig those eyes.

Dan

David E Keller
05-19-2011, 10:39 PM
That's a neat shape, Charlie... It's definitely got the feeling of movement.

Baxter Smith
05-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Very imaginitive use of that piece of wood Charlie!

charlie knighton
05-20-2011, 2:12 AM
Dan, David, and Baxter thank you for your comments

Roland Martin
05-20-2011, 8:03 AM
Now that is unique, to say the least, very moving:D. It does look like it could walk away on it's own and I really like the way the knots surround the opening. Nice work Charlie.

charlie knighton
05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
thanks Roland for your comments.

Bob check your pm for directions.

Steve Schlumpf
05-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Pretty cool! Love the sense of motion the legs give the form! Looks like it has spun around to take a look at you! Nice work - especially considering how soft Pine is!